structure placement

Pro Member Trainee
Wannab Trainee

anyone know how to duplicate and move structures around in fsx? ie place an offshore oil rig closer to the coastline

thanx for any help

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This should do it.

http://www.rwy12.com/rwy12/

Rwy12 Object Placer works fine with FS-X

After testing we found out that “Rwy12 Object Placer” works fine with FS-X. This was actually expected because Rwy12 is based on the relatively new XML format and all objects in the 40 contributed libraries are made with Gmax. Luckily, it also turned out that Microsoft did not change the GUID numbers of the default objects.

Latest news, "Ebenezer" found out that you can update a Rwy12 scenery (in FS-X) without the need to exit and reload the sim. Please see here;

http://www.sk-flightsim.com/tutorial_2/Adding%20Rwy12%20Scenery%20in%20FSX.pdf

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Wannab Trainee

well that helped out hugely, thanx

but for some reason even after i create a bgl for the object i want to place, and updating the scenery in fsx, ive even also restarted fsx, my object doesnt show up, i cant figure out y though, i must be missing something and its probably simple

edit:
yes it was simple, the attribute altitudeIsAgl=true for objects on land and false for objects placed in the water

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...