Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

flight simulator x wont start.

j12 Guest

i installed flight simulator x and it wont start when i click the icon on my desktop. i uninstalled and reinstalled, same problem.

did you re-boot?

yeah

when i try to install FSX Software Development Kit Update it says that microsoft flight simulator x sdk is not installed, please install it before running this setup.....
where do i find microsoft flight simulator x sdk?

it is in your DISK I
go to the SDK directory, click setup.

j12 Guest

allright i installed sdk plus the patch. the loading goes well. then i get the following error message.

looks like you have hardware problem.
what kind of computer do you have?
how old is it?
what are the spec?

core 2 duo e6300
geforce 6600 128mb 400/600
1gb corsair value select ram
80gb maxtor ata 100 hard drive
300gb seagate ata 100 hard drive
ultra 500w xconnect psu

can anyone help? i really want to get fsx up and running

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It's difficult to follow these threads and figure out what's going on because there are too many Guests WITHOUT a name involved.

what's the os?

did you build the computer yourself?

looks like you have memory problem.
are the memory in pairs? are they the same make?

trying swapping the memories and give it a try.

do all your other program run ok?

have you done a memory test?

j12 Guest

its 1 stick of corsair 1gb value select ram. i have ran memtest before and i dont think that it is my memory that is the problem. i can run bf2 and other games fine including fs9.

j12 Guest

can anyone help?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

j12 wrote:

its 1 stick of corsair 1gb value select ram. i have ran memtest before and i dont think that it is my memory that is the problem. i can run bf2 and other games fine including fs9.

I'm not saying that this is the cause of the problem in your OP.

The memtest only determines whether your RAM is faulty. In my opininon 1GB of RAM is just not enough for FSX.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I'm not saying that this is the cause of the problem in your OP.

The memtest only determines whether your RAM is faulty. In my opininon 1GB of RAM is just not enough for FSX.

1GB of RAM isn't enough for FSX, period.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

GundamWZero, are we agreeing or disagreeing?

May the gods have mercy on me Fear

miked2905 Guest

ive got the same problem. i instal and it wont open up. ive restarted, re-installed. but nothing works. i just put in windows vista last week my comp had 1.5gigs of ram

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

miked2905 wrote:

ive got the same problem. i instal and it wont open up. ive restarted, re-installed. but nothing works. i just put in windows vista last week my comp had 1.5gigs of ram

VISTA?? Which version? Home Basic, Home Premium, Business or Ultimate?

It goes without saying that each version has different requirements. Even if you have Home Basic, if you're running FSX under it I doubt that 1.5GB of RAM will cut the mustard, regardless of what the minimum requirements are on the box.

j12 Guest

i got my new computer, hopefully it will work now. core 2 duo e6300, 2gb gskill ram, evga 8800gts 640mb, gigabyte ds3 motherboard.

j12 Guest

allright same problems with new computer. i did not reinstall windows, just installed all the new parts.