Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

PhysX Processing Unit (Ultimate Gaming Experience?)

Pro Member Trainee
b3mmredm Trainee

I've just went on the website and it seems you get a more intensified gaming experience. It only requires a PCI slot and according to Overclockers, it seems to be brilliant. And i was just wondering does anyone have one and are they any good to FSX. Oh, and here is a link to buy them. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-023-BG&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=594

Diseal3 Guest

I acually have one of these in my Dell... to be honest its good.. i never acually used the computer without it.. buts there still lag.. my FSX is on BI. shading... not the top Tri shading... there a 1 sec. lag evrey once and a while on that

Pro Member Trainee
b3mmredm Trainee

Does it make FSX more realistic?

Pro Member Trainee
b3mmredm Trainee

Does it add that heat effect coming from the back of the engines and make the sea look more realistic?

Ingvarr Guest

There is no support in FSX for such board.
It does not even support double-threading, not to mention such exotic hardware 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
b3mmredm Trainee

So there is absoluteley no point in buying one

Phil Taylor Guest

Ingvarr wrote:

There is no support in FSX for such board.
It does not even support double-threading, not to mention such exotic hardware 🙂

Not quite true. We do have some multi-core utilization during load time.

Given nVidia's CUDA and the stream processing nature of the DX10 parts, it will be interesting to see where dedicated physics chips go.

Pro Member Trainee
b3mmredm Trainee

So with my Intel Core 2 Quad extreme processor, a 768Mb 8800GTX graphics card which can support DirectX 10, 4096 MB of ram running at 800MHz, Windows Vista Ultimate the PhysX Processing Unit will make some difference?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain
Phil Taylor Guest

b3mmredm wrote:

So with my Intel Core 2 Quad extreme processor, a 768Mb 8800GTX graphics card which can support DirectX 10, 4096 MB of ram running at 800MHz, Windows Vista Ultimate the PhysX Processing Unit will make some difference?

As I understand the PhysX cards, the game has to be written to take advantage of it. So no.