Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FS9 to FSX Migration

Pro Member Trainee
Ben (bnjgray87) Trainee

is it possible to download this utility yet?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What utility, to do what.

The FS9 aircraft gauges don't work in FSX and the scenery won't either.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Ben (bnjgray87) Trainee

i saw on one topic on this web site aout the FS9 to FSX Migration utility , but couldnt find it to download it.
so not sure if its even out yet

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

bnjgray87 wrote:

i saw on one topic on this web site aout the FS9 to FSX Migration utility , but couldnt find it to download it.
so not sure if its even out yet

I never saw this but it's out now.

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=1111

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

I dowloaded and paid for it. When ever I click on the zip file, I get the virus warning (Trojan). It does require Framework 2.0 to run. I can't get my money back, and I can't open the zip file to install it.

Pro Member Trainee
Ben (bnjgray87) Trainee

well i have managed to get it, but the thing does not seem to do its actually job. You can import the files but yet the gauges and everything still don't work .
instructions arent excatly detailed but am sure i am following the correct steps

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

I hope you have a good anti-virus program running.

Pro Member Trainee
Ben (bnjgray87) Trainee

i havent actually come across any problems like that, bar the thing not doing its job
will be a bit guttered like payin that money and like you not being able to get it back . obviously at least two unhappy people as of yet

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

bnjgray87 wrote:

You can import the files but yet the gauges and everything still don't work .

That's what I've been saying in a different topic on the same subject -- How can the program 'migrate' gauges that don't even exist yet?

NOTE: Some 3rd party aircraft use sophisticated gauges and DLL. They may require an update in order to function under FSx.

That's a quote from their promotion page. A typical salesman spin. Guess what those SOPHISTICATED gauges and DLLs are? It's another way of expressing "gauges and DLLs which don't yet exist".

The other question is, will it be able to 'migrate' fs9 textures in .bmp format and change them magically into .dds format for FSX?

Pro Member Trainee
Ben (bnjgray87) Trainee

typical that would be , what a waste of time. I think spoke to soon about my anti virus my computer has just went computer nuts and has slowed right down and now fsx takes ages to load and when it does the frame time while trying to fly has slowed right down and flickers.