No Landing lights

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

I have no landing lights on a number of add-on aircraft. The landing lights illuminate the body of the aircraft where it would be expected, but no illumination of the ground occurs.

The lights appear to work properly on the default aircraft.

mdaskalos

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

With most add-ons you must un pack an effects folder which usually has the landing lights in it. THen you just copy it to the main effects folder.

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

737FLIER wrote:

With most add-ons you must un pack an effects folder which usually has the landing lights in it. THen you just copy it to the main effects folder.

Hmm. No effects folder in any of the affected aircraft, though.

Pro Member Trainee
CAFedm Trainee

Actually, landing lights are rendered completely differently in FSX than in previous sims. It would have been nice to have left things alone, but nooooooo.... Many aircraft created before FSX (and anything with FSDS up to now) most likely won't display the lights correctly - trust me, I am trying to find a way to add landing light using FSDS3, and would appreciate if anyone has found a good workaround to this. The above might explain why your lights aren't working, and if this is the case, it's a problem that will have to be resolved at the design level.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...