how do i get the downloaded aircraft onto fs2004

Pro Member Trainee
alphacharlie Trainee

hi
the title speaks for itself, i have downloaded alot of aircraft, but i have no idea how to transfer the aircraft to the flight sim.
can anyone help??

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Have a look at the "sticky" by tomthetank in the FS2004 Aircraft Forum! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Have a look at the "sticky" by tomthetank in the FS2004 Aircraft Forum! 😀

link ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/ 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

One important point that all the tutorials I've read omit, is the fact that you should only install one aircraft at a time -- even though you've downloaded a lot.

Install one, test it and once you're satisfied that everything is the way it should be, go on to the next one.
Don't become complacent though, the next aircraft might have to be installed in a different way.

Considering that the 1800 post is a bit outdated by now and very confusing for newbies, it's a good idea to consult the Readme files contained in the download first. 😎

Pro Member Trainee
alphacharlie Trainee

my problem is how to install it in the first place.
once ive downloaded it, how do i get it onto the game??

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Extract the contents of the .zip file using the Windows extraction tool. Do NOT use WinZip -- it will only confuse you.

You right-click on the .zip file and select Extract All... --- follow the prompts.

Once the files have been extracted, look for any text document in particular the Readme file. Most likely you'll find instructions on how to install the aircraft.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...