Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Can a Gauge File be Opened & Manipulated?

I managed to manipulate an aircraft panel by opening it in Photoshop. The panel had the center widshield post completely vertical, which gives an illusion that you're crabbing down the runway. I wanted to change the angle of the center widshield post to how you would see it if you're sitting offset from center. I actually did so with fantastic results. 😀

The issue I'm having now is the aircraft also came with a gauge file for a night lighting effect for the whole panel. When this is activated, it also dispays a vertical version of the center post (it appears to be a darkened overlay and the modified post still appears undeneath....so there are actually two posts with different angles visible). I can't seem to find a program to open this gauge file. Is there a way to acess and then manipulate a gauge file like I did the panel?

If this isn't possible, it's not the end of the world. There is still a standard night lighting effect that works fine. However, the gauge file effect is cool and I would like to still use it if possible.

Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Right click on it/open with notepad.
After doing that once they all will open that way.

Radar

Thanks, Radarman.

Doing as you suggest will open a text page, but I would like to open it in a picture format if at all possible.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yikes! Looks like what I want to do might be too complicated.

It appears most of the posts there are way over my head. 😕

Thanks for the link, however.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Yikes! Looks like what I want to do might be too complicated.

It appears most of the posts there are way over my head. 😕

Thanks for the link, however.

😀 I agree, that type of work...is work! It takes dedication, that is the main part of their hobby.

Radar