Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

fsxrepair.exe?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
   
Author Message
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:31 pm 

Is there any exe that can repair my fsx.exe so i can play again?I made a thread but nobody really responded after i requested the frigging exe a million times Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
Back to top
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:10 pm 

and i use disk 1 to try to repair my exe but nothing happens :'(
ill try again
Back to top
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Aug 25, 2003
Posts: 19223
Location: U.S.A
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:44 pm 

Austin11 wrote:
and i use disk 1 to try to repair my exe but nothing happens :'(
ill try again


Try to delete it then launch the sim, it should build a new one.

Radar

Back to top
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:09 am 

RadarMan wrote:
Austin11 wrote:
and i use disk 1 to try to repair my exe but nothing happens :'(
ill try again


Try to delete it then launch the sim, it should build a new one.

Radar

But then i get this

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/826/problemfsxkr9.png



http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9739/problemfsx2bf5.png



Im very sad about this cause I tried almost everything that I could even think off Crying or Very sad
Back to top
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:12 am 

Austin11 wrote:
RadarMan wrote:
Austin11 wrote:
and i use disk 1 to try to repair my exe but nothing happens :'(
ill try again


Try to delete it then launch the sim, it should build a new one.

Radar

But then i get this

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/826/problemfsxkr9.png



http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9739/problemfsx2bf5.png



Im very sad about this cause I tried almost everything that I could even think off Crying or Very sad



Error 1721.There is a problem with windows installer package.A program required for this uninstall could not be run.Contact your support personnal or package vendor

Error -1603 Fatal error during installation.Consult Windows installer help (msi.chm) or msdn for more information.
Back to top
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 8477
Location: El Dorado
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:27 am 

Why don't you do this:

Error 1721.There is a problem with windows installer package.A program required for this uninstall could not be run.Contact your support personnal or package vendor
Back to top
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:31 am 

Tailhook wrote:
Why don't you do this:

Error 1721.There is a problem with windows installer package.A program required for this uninstall could not be run.Contact your support personnal or package vendor

I downloaded and installed multiple windows installers,but they all didnt work, Crying or Very sad please dont make this thread go to the grave,i dont want to make another thread
Back to top
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 8477
Location: El Dorado
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:06 am 

You seem to be missing the sentence that counts:

Contact your support personnal or package vendor
Back to top
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:10 am 

Tailhook wrote:
You seem to be missing the sentence that counts:

Contact your support personnal or package vendor




So either I contact the dude I bought it from or call some personnal?
Back to top
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 8477
Location: El Dorado
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:39 am 

Yeeeeees Cool
Back to top
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Aug 25, 2003
Posts: 19223
Location: U.S.A
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:12 am 

See how this works.
If your getting an error message why did your original post ask about the CFG.

Is Windows fully updated, to SP1 and all updates including .NET.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891985

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834484

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

Radar

Back to top
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:24 am 

RadarMan wrote:
See how this works.
If your getting an error message why did your original post ask about the CFG.

Is Windows fully updated, to SP1 and all updates including .NET.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891985

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834484

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

Radar

Ok thanks radarman,i seen the first 2 links,but the 3rd one i never seen before,downloaded that thing that was on that link and now idk what to do from here
Back to top
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:45 am 

Austin11 wrote:
RadarMan wrote:
See how this works.
If your getting an error message why did your original post ask about the CFG.

Is Windows fully updated, to SP1 and all updates including .NET.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891985

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834484

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

Radar

Ok thanks radarman,i seen the first 2 links,but the 3rd one i never seen before,downloaded that thing that was on that link and now idk what to do from here

Well in one section of the readme said I should click select all programs that are associated with windows installer,clicked removed,clicked yes,all were deleted,what should i do now?
Back to top
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:52 am 

Back to top
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Aug 25, 2003
Posts: 19223
Location: U.S.A
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:54 am 

Austin11 wrote:
Now it gives me this:


http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3229/problemfsx3sb6.png



You said ok and what did it do.

Radar

Back to top
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:59 am 

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3534/problemfsx4aq2.png


Now thats my new problem.


God FSX is a big fricking pain in the arse! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Aug 25, 2003
Posts: 19223
Location: U.S.A
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:03 am 

Read this, I think we're getting closer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080

Radar

Back to top
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:05 am 

RadarMan wrote:
Read this, I think we're getting closer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080

Radar

I was just there,im trying to REPAIR fsx,just to get my exe working again :'(
Back to top
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:07 am 

And my problem is the error 1605 as stated in the last pic i posted
Back to top
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:37 am 

Or you can just give me your fsx.exe and see how that works out Rolling Eyes
I asked that question about 5 times in 1 thread.And this is the last time I'm gonna ask.
Back to top
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 8477
Location: El Dorado
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:53 am 

Austin11 wrote:

I asked that question about 5 times in 1 thread.And this is the last time I'm gonna ask.


Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Back to top
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:19 pm 

Looks like im getting one step closer in the repair opperation Very Happy
Back to top
austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:27 pm 

Austin11 wrote:
Looks like im getting one step closer in the repair opperation Very Happy

no wait nvm Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:33 pm 

still error 1605 --.--
Back to top
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Aug 25, 2003
Posts: 19223
Location: U.S.A
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:33 pm 

austin11 wrote:
still error 1605 --.--


Read this over...slowly.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080

If this doesnt work, defrag, uninstall (using method described below) reinstall defrag and try to run the sim.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3805/

If that fails the only other route that I would go is a complete clean install of Windows, bring it fully up to date, don't load any software except your AV.
Be sure that you have SP1, SP2 and .NET.
When that's finished disable the AV and install the sim.
After it runs, enable the AV and load other programs, don't add more than one item at a time to the sim.

Radar

Back to top
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:06 pm 

RadarMan wrote:
austin11 wrote:
still error 1605 --.--


Read this over...slowly.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080

If this doesnt work, defrag, uninstall (using method described below) reinstall defrag and try to run the sim.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3805/

If that fails the only other route that I would go is a complete clean install of Windows, bring it fully up to date, don't load any software except your AV.
Be sure that you have SP1, SP2 and .NET.
When that's finished disable the AV and install the sim.
After it runs, enable the AV and load other programs, don't add more than one item at a time to the sim.

Radar

But what if i cant install fsx again? Crying or Very sad
Back to top
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Aug 25, 2003
Posts: 19223
Location: U.S.A
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:09 pm 

Austin11 wrote:
RadarMan wrote:
austin11 wrote:
still error 1605 --.--


Read this over...slowly.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080

If this doesnt work, defrag, uninstall (using method described below) reinstall defrag and try to run the sim.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3805/

If that fails the only other route that I would go is a complete clean install of Windows, bring it fully up to date, don't load any software except your AV.
Be sure that you have SP1, SP2 and .NET.
When that's finished disable the AV and install the sim.
After it runs, enable the AV and load other programs, don't add more than one item at a time to the sim.

Radar

But what if i cant install fsx again? Crying or Very sad


Is it working now, no.
What do you have to lose...and you can load it as many times as you wish!

Radar

Back to top
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:11 pm 

RadarMan wrote:
Austin11 wrote:
RadarMan wrote:
austin11 wrote:
still error 1605 --.--


Read this over...slowly.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080

If this doesnt work, defrag, uninstall (using method described below) reinstall defrag and try to run the sim.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3805/

If that fails the only other route that I would go is a complete clean install of Windows, bring it fully up to date, don't load any software except your AV.
Be sure that you have SP1, SP2 and .NET.
When that's finished disable the AV and install the sim.
After it runs, enable the AV and load other programs, don't add more than one item at a time to the sim.

Radar

But what if i cant install fsx again? Crying or Very sad


Is it working now, no.
What do you have to lose...and you can load it as many times as you wish!

Radar

Trying it now,but will it also delete the remove option from add/remove programs?
Back to top
austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:11 pm 

like will it have fsx on the list for add/remove programs?
Back to top
Austin11
Guest





Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:40 pm 

Also,it would take an immense ammount of time to delete out of microsoft games and out of recycle bin,even though if you delete fsx and recycle bin says its too big,you can still get the 15gb of space out of that fsx i can just delete Laughing
Back to top
   
All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Related Topics

Sign-Up

Signing-up for a Pro account gives you super fast uncapped speed to the thousands of FSX, FS2004 & X-Plane downloads which include aircraft, scenery and more - click here to view the library for free or...

Go Pro
Sign-Up Now

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter

Join over 130,000 subscribers of our free dedicated flight simulation newsletter. Featuring new downloads, products and industry news.

 

Survey

Have you downloaded your copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition?


Votes 15441

Social

Follow us on Social Networks

Subscribe to our newsletter

 
RSS Feed iPhone App

Terms & Privacy Policy | Contact Us

Copyright © 2018 Fly Away Simulation. All Rights Reserved.