Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Anybody get Flight Deck 4

Pro Member Trainee
ThunderRide Trainee

Just wondering if anyone out there purchased Flight Deck 4 and if you have, have you noticed any autopilot? If so, where's it at?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry to disappoint you -- no autopilots.

You wouldn't want to use those a/c for long flights anyway, try hand-flying one for say half an hour and you'll see what I mean.
I think the FDs are tweaked especially for COPS. You'll find that if you're too low on your approach, they're much easier to pull up than other fighter aircraft would.
Use a 3rd party F-18 or F-14 to shoot a trap and you'll see how much more difficult that is.
Most of those 3rd party a/c have an autopilot though, because you can actually fly them for other purposes than just COPS.

The problem remains -- are there any 3rd party fighters yet with the suitable gauges for FSX?

Pro Member Trainee
ThunderRide Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you -- no autopilots.

You wouldn't want to use those a/c for long flights anyway, try hand-flying one for say half an hour and you'll see what I mean.
I think the FDs are tweaked especially for COPS. You'll find that if you're too low on your approach, they're much easier to pull up than other fighter aircraft would.
Use a 3rd party F-18 or F-14 to shoot a trap and you'll see how much more difficult that is.
Most of those 3rd party a/c have an autopilot though, because you can actually fly them for other purposes than just COPS.

The problem remains -- are there any 3rd party fighters yet with the suitable gauges for FSX?

Thanks...