SearchSearch 

Question on Non-Compatible Aircraft

Hi,

I downloaded a fs2002 aircraft for fs2004 and when I loaded the aircraft in the menu, I got the usual message that "the aircraft is not fully compatible with FS2004, do you want to disable the non-compatible parts?" Well i was dumb enough to press yes. So now how do I re-enable the compatible parts? I tried reinstalling the aircraft, that did not work, only way I can think of fixing this is re-installing fs2004, which i don't want to do. Anyone know how to fix this?

5 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Have you deleted them manually from FS9 folder?

Yes I did...i tried doing a couple different things such as deleting them manually and renaming the model but that did not seem to work as I can load the aircraft still without that message coming up. I'm thinking after I clicked yes, It added some sort of code to a .dll file within flight sim maybe.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Yes I did...i tried doing a couple different things such as deleting them manually and renaming the model but that did not seem to work as I can load the aircraft still without that message coming up. I'm thinking after I clicked yes, It added some sort of code to a .dll file within flight sim maybe.

System files are out of my league. I'm too stupid to give you any advice on that. Sorry, I hope someone else has a solution to your problem.
🍻

Heh hey no problem, hopefully thanks anyways 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The 'problem' here is that in your OP you only give us: "...a fs2002 aircraft for fs2004", there must be hundreds of those and a filename might just reveal that someone else has the same aircraft and knows what to do.

I got the usual message that "the aircraft is not fully compatible with FS2004, do you want to disable the non-compatible parts?" Well i was dumb enough to press yes.

That's a bummer. One of those paranoid Windows Error messages. Some of those can be ignored, some have to be complied with.
But... if the author(s) of the aircraft were on the ball, they would have included how to treat that Error Message in the Readme file Idea

This type of Error message is normally caused by an added .dll or gauge. FS9 freaks out about anything that is out of the ordinary. In most cases everything will be just dandy if a certain entry is added to a .cfg. 😀