SearchSearch 

can i

wazsxr Guest

Is there a way to set up FSX using two computers (one PC and one laptop), both connected via network and both have FSX, to have one show the normal cockpit view and the other to be dedicated (the laptop) to showing one of the guages like a map or the gps window? I know you could do this using multiple monitor setup or the program that spans the desktop across to networked PC's (but sucks up the CPU). Basically I was hoping that FSX had provisioning for it.

6 Responses

yes, you can do it

you can also have the 2nd computer in another country, connected through the internet, the other person can fly as your co-pilot. He will see the same gauges. He can also set his own view. i.e. he can look outside of the window while you are flying.

ALL YOU NEEDED IS A 2ND COPY OF FSX !!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Nicely put Guest. I couldn't have expressed it any better.

Why do ALL kids think that ALL adults are morons? ROFL

actually additional views (monitors) suck up very little CPU.

wazsxr Guest

So it can be done it free flight as well?
How would you bring up just a GPS or any other panel on the screen?
Sorry, all a bit new to this sim.

I can see a second monitor would not suck up much CPU, but the program I used to span a desktop across two desktops did suck the CPU power (I can't remember the name of the program).

you can try this add on program

http://www.wideview.it/

wazsxr wrote:

So it can be done it free flight as well?
How would you bring up just a GPS or any other panel on the screen?
Sorry, all a bit new to this sim.

I can see a second monitor would not suck up much CPU, but the program I used to span a desktop across two desktops did suck the CPU power (I can't remember the name of the program).

yes, you can do it in free flight as well. just set up it as multiplayer.