SearchSearch 

has anyone baught the wilco 777 for fsx

Pro Member First Officer
bawns First Officer

i am thinking of getting this plane can some one let me know if this is a good idea or what.

4 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

I got, it, and I'll admit to liking it. It's what I fly most of the time. The exterior graphics are great. The VC panel graphics are pretty good, (with the exception of the autopilot part of the panel (which is the part I use the most))

The plane flies well.

The weather radar does work (you have to download FSUIPC4) and it's pretty cool with real-world weather engaged in FSX.

It's not to hard on frame rates.

In the "manual" the author talks abouthow essential it is to load the CDU to fly the plane. I find that:

1. It isn't (I NEVER use it), I use the FSX GPS and flight planner. I try ONCE IN A WHILE to go back to it, but every time I go back to the manual, I find that...

2. Part of the details he describes in HOW to load it are wrong (which plays a large part in why I quit bothering with it)

mdaskalos

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

...and

Their support is kind of spotty. If you e-mail them a question, sometimes you get a good response, sometimes you get attitude. From one of their responses, it appeared my e0-mail had been forwarder around internally until someone knew the answer, so sometimes they try.

The 777 seems almost an orphaned product, though. Wilco says to go to the FeelThere (the developer) forums for support, but feelthere says its a Wilco product. FeelThere's forum on the 777 was shut down last December, but is still accesible. Sometimes you can find answers to issues you may have onthe 777 in other sections of their forum. (It seems some problems get recycled through the generations)

But all in all, I like it.

mdaskalos

Pro Member First Officer
bawns First Officer

i cant even get to the manual. where is it and can i access it from inside the game. how do you use the FMC

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

It's a PDF file, so I don't think you can access it within the game. It is located in:

C(or whatever drive letter):\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere B772 ER\Manuals

If you have dual monitors I suppose you can have it (the manual) up on one monitor while the sim runs on another.

Somewhere in there is a description of using the FMC (CDU). Try page 20.

I guess they still support the product! While responding to your message,I checked their site, and they have a patch for versions prior to March 9! Maybe they took my "orphaned product" remark to heart.

mdaskalos