.bgl file doesn't show HELP!

i'm trying to add-on scenery for my hometown area. i've downloaded the correct file, unzipped into the correct folder. when i open FS9 and try to add area, the .bgl file i put in there does not show. when i manually enter the path, it tries to add something, but i get a blank entry checked in my scenery library list. it says changes have been made and i must restart which i do. it builds scenery database when i restart. i look in the scenery library again, still the blank entry checked. i create a flight, sometimes i'll search for add-on scenery, nothing. when i fly, still the same generic scenery. someone's help on this would greatly be appreciated because i am stumped.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

i'm trying to add-on scenery for my hometown area. i've downloaded the correct file, unzipped into the correct folder. when i open FS9 and try to add area, the .bgl file i put in there does not show. when i manually enter the path, it tries to add something, but i get a blank entry checked in my scenery library list. it says changes have been made and i must restart which i do. it builds scenery database when i restart. i look in the scenery library again, still the blank entry checked. i create a flight, sometimes i'll search for add-on scenery, nothing. when i fly, still the same generic scenery. someone's help on this would greatly be appreciated because i am stumped.

The folder should say the name of the area. Inside that should be another folder called scenery, in that is your .bgl file.
Now it should load when you use add scenery button.

Radar

k i tried that and hepled somewhat - it seemed to load properly with a name and all, but still the old scenery. i'm trying to load the global terrain mesh freeware from another site, specifically NA51 which covers northern ohio where i live. i did as you replied, both in regular scenery then into add-on scenery, it gave a titled area in the library, restarted and still the same scenery. i wish the freeware offered screenshots or examples. i just want to get rid of that wallpaper-like pattern that is visible in the distance. a more accurate representation of the cities in my area would be nice too. i'll keep plugging away nevertheless, as i know more i will post my success, if any.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It could be that your system isn't good enough to show all the improvements.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...