Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

changing the settings help.

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

I am looking for the topic in the fsx forms where you can change the tree size to a much more user friendly fps screen.

Jetman

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try these and always back up your folders.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1687/fsx-treex/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

thanks Radarman. I think I found what I was looking for. By the way, does anybody know how to get to the fsx.cfg file? I will need to modify it.

Thanks

Jetman

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

jetman35 wrote:

.. how to get to the fsx.cfg file?

Arrow Local Disk / Documents and Settings / (your)User Name / Application Data / Microsoft / FSX

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

Thanks for the info. I forgot to tell you that I have Vista now and it's a little different to find. I still can't locate it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That's interesting Think Maybe you could share the new path with us non-Vista users so we might get a glimpse of the brave new world?

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

Yeah.. I tried to search for FSX.cfg and it is not to be found. Maybe the file is hidden? I can't even find documents and settings. I am looking in windows explorer too. I just find it very odd that this file can't be found.

The reason I need to find FSX.cfg is so that I can modify the trees and clouds section so that my new Vista PC will not have to work that hard. I do have autogen density and scenery complexity maxed out with terrain and water set at med. with a surprisingly 20 fps most of the time. I was unsure about Vista but now I LOVE IT! FSX works pretty good on it. I am however looking for the day that DX10 is released. FPS should be much better then. In the mean time, I need to modify fsx.cfg so I can get the most out of fsx.

jetman Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check this.

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Replace C: with the drive on which Vista is installed.

Make hidden folders to be visible.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

You are the man Radar! Thanks! Nice find!! How did you know it was there??

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

jetman35 wrote:

You are the man Radar! Thanks! Nice find!! How did you know it was there??

Just search the net, I still haven't installed Vista. One of these days. Rolling Eyes

Radar

x pilot Guest

please delete that soon, sad people you have to do that! THIS A FLIGHT SIM FORUM not a PERVERT website