Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

DC-10 fans

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

The BEAUTIFUL SGA DC-10-30 does not smoke the centerlanding gear upon touchdown. Does anyone of you '10 drivers notice, or care about this?

Anyway, IT DOES now!!! I mod'd the gear to where that sucker smokes off great!!!!

I think I am more of a test pilot than anything. Most of my time, I am tinkering and modifying the aircraft for more realism and testflying them.

The only 'flights' that I have done are: 727 from St. Maarten to Miami, DC-10 from Miami to Denver, 727 from Denver to Salt lake, DC-10 from Salt lake to Seattle and a 747 from there to Alaska, Anchhrage.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

How do you get St. Maarten on FS9? Is it an addon?

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

It took me a long time to find it too!!!! It is not in the directory as 'St. Maarten'!!! It is Netherlands Antillies Princess Juliana.

I busted but trying to find it. I though 'how can this great sim not have this?'.

By the way, there are free download enhancements for it too!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There are 3 pages, some of which contains scenery for St. Maarten. Pick and chose if you will.
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=St.+Maarten&CatID=root&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Elkin, you're a NUT! But hey, someone's gotta do it, and heck, I'm not smart enough...BUT I GOT A 3.1GPA FOR THIS MARKING PERIOD REPORT CARD...so im happy!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Elkin, you're a NUT! But hey, someone's gotta do it, and heck, I'm not smart enough...BUT I GOT A 3.1GPA FOR THIS MARKING PERIOD REPORT CARD...so im happy!

Good grade, congratulations!
Now do better next time so you can get into that flight collage that you have to go to. I want to hear that you earned a scholarship to it!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Yeah, i'll work at it and keepo you posted

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

WHAT?!?!?!?! 😳 😳 😳 You got a 3.1 What about a 3.8 Poke in Eye
What am I,,, US!! going to do with you After all the hard work we did trying to train you!!!!! Censored Censored Doh! All in vain!!!!! Wall Bashing

Well! Let me tell you something Mr.!!! You better get stepping Whip Whip Get on it!!!!! Get stepping!!!! Censored Censored

Or!!!!!!:

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Just kidding ACE 🍻 You did great!!! Punk Your on your way. But hit the Read and keep it up.

Your a great guy!!!! And we all like you!!!!

I would like to take you flying!!! you would love it The result!!!!! Puke Up Puke Up Puke Up

HA! HA! HA!

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Wow!!! did I ever bone up the aircraft. When it touches down, the result is 8 rubber and smoke effects. I used the center gear from a 747. I mixed up a few numbers Doh! Wall Bashing

I'll work it later.

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Elkin,

Speaking of grades and smarts and everything you sound like you are well on your way to becoming an FS9 flight engineer, aircraft designer extrordinaire. If you like tinkering with files you are well on the way.

BTW, I have also taken that same flight from St. Maarten to Miami and it's a lot longer than it looks at 1st!?! ...Forgot how big that the Carribean was.

Good for you for tweaking that gear till it smoked!

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Right!!!! St. Maarten is about 1500 miles away!!!! I didn't know that either. I landed with minimum fuel.

The dc-10, I copied the nose wheel in the position of the center gear but!!!!! Then when I tried to steer on the ground, the center gear steered also!!!! I found a way to disable the steering and all is 👍

Thanks Bro 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

I have also added a complete 2D interior to the aircraft.

I can send files and such if anyone wants to add it. 😀 😀