My F-14 Tomcat Video...

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

I was pretty bored tonight and couldnt sleep... its now 3:50am Pacific and I started on this video at around 10:30... so thats 5 hrs. I hope you guys enjoy! Since Photobucket only allows 5min videos, and mine was 5:04, it cut off the fade out portion of the song... thats why it ends abruptly... Please leave comments here on what you thought! I didnt post this in Screenshots since this technically isnt a screenshot... I hope its ok here...

Once I get my FTP server back up, I will post a link to the high quality version. Until then, stay tuned!

Last edited by JLangevin on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:47 am, edited 3 times in total

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
2robplaying First Officer

Nice.

Where did you get the F-16?

pretty cool.

you should put it on Google. It allows more than 5 min.

2robplaying wrote:

Nice.

that's a F15

fsmr Guest

is that on FSX or CFS?

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

nicely done! what did you use to capture the video and do the editing?

Bugs Bunny Guest

great video, great flying 🙂

and to clear things out , it's not an F16 nor an F15 ... it's the Jolly Rogers F14 tomacat.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Excellent You did a wonderful job with that video, that carrier landing is something to be proud of.
It looks like the FS9 Jolly Roger, but your using in in FSX.
Well done!

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Hey guys!! Thanks for the reply!! It is the FS9 Jolly Roger Tomcat. Thats why the gauges arent working, and EVERYTHING was performed visually.... hense how I nearly put it on the ground in that one shot 🙂

Once I get my host up, I will put it on my own host, and have the high quality version going which is still only 26megs... So, I wont have to put it on google...

Keep the comments coming 🙂 This is my 5th FSX movie and they get better everytime!!

...oh, and I used a program called Fraps to capture the video and sound (even though I didnt allow the aircraft sound in the video) - thats mostly since all you usually hear with it in FSX is "Sink rate...... PULL UP.... TOO LOW, GEAR..... etc) Fraps is useful in capturing ANYTHING that is seen or heard on your monitor! I did the editing with Ulead Studio 10... its quite a bit more simple than Adobe Premier which I also own, and wanted to put this video out fast... so I chose to use Ulead Studio 10

Last edited by JLangevin on Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

2robplaying wrote:

Nice.

I have a really nice F16 if you would like me to do an F16 video next! Very detailed model as well.

JLangevin wrote:

2robplaying wrote:

Nice.

I have a really nice F16 is you would like me to do an F16 video next! Very detailed model as well.

can you make more acrobatic manuvours? I mean really tricky ones.

the video should be 3~3.5 mins. Too long a video will turn people off. It is better to make multiple videos than one long video.

if you are good with editing, you can splice shot from 2 videos and make it look like a dog fight, while neither aircraft were ever appeared in a same frame, but still give the impression that they were flying against each other.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

Excellent You did a wonderful job with that video, that carrier landing is something to be proud of.
Well done!

Radar

Imagine attempting that carrier landing without an IGS or Deck Support!! Its was all "oh please, oh please, oh pleaese, just dont let me prang it into the back of the boat!!" - But I have been perfecting that approach for some time now, since way back in FS9 when I first found the boat... its a lot more interesting when they are actually moving 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

JLangevin wrote:

2robplaying wrote:

Nice.

I have a really nice F16 is you would like me to do an F16 video next! Very detailed model as well.

can you make more acrobatic manuvours? I mean really tricky ones.

the video should be 3~3.5 mins. Too long a video will turn people off. It is better to make multiple videos than one long video.

if you are good with editing, you can splice shot from 2 videos and make it look like a dog fight, while neither aircraft were ever appeared in a same frame, but still give the impression that they were flying against each other.

I was actually planning on doing that with this video first... but then finally became tired... I can attempt that, but if someone on here would like to download one of these aircraft, and actually join a server with me to get some multiple shots of BOTH aircraft, that would be VERY helpful!

RadarMan wrote:

Well done!

Radar

that's when I realized the future of combat will be done through remote control !

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Much of todays combat IS being done through remote control... look at the UAV and how much info and intelligence it can give us, yet with no risk of any casualties to our soldiers... I was recently watching a "Modern Weaponry" show that even shows the firepower capability of the UAV... Amazing!

Awsome, nice graphics 😀 , if thats fsx, is the carrier deafult, and does it have arresting cables?, or is it a download?

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

A great big "Scott Tailwheel" Salute from the Captain! Well done my man...well done. 😂

Pro Member Trainee
Rolaids Trainee

how can i do this my self ❓

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...