Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

My useless computer and FSX

Pro Member Trainee
Mavix Trainee

My (useless) computer takes 20 minutes to load FSX, from when I start the game, till I see the plane. It takes about 10 minutes from when I click the "Fly Now!" button! And this is with ALL the settings on the lowest! My computer struggles to hold even 9 FPS.
My specs are:
Celeron 2.6Ghz
256 Mb of RAM (- 64 for GFX)
64 Mb of onboard Gfx

9 Responses

Bugs Bunny Guest

I'm not a computer expert but I think you should have atleast 1GB of ram plus celeron is quite slow and your videocard won't let you play on higher settings .... I think if you're planning to play on low settings, just stick to fs9.

that's my personal opinion though, guys here might have a different and better opinion 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Your computer is not even close to what you need for FSX, I suggest that you get Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9).

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

He's right, more ram and if you have an empty PCI slot (not PCIe) get a card and disable the onboard card you do have.
I will load a little faster and look much better.

Radar

orionll Guest

Your computer is way too slow. You need at least 128 mb of video ram (you probably want 256 mb to get past 7 fps) and at least 1gb or more preferrably 2 gb or more. You would at least want an Intel Core 2 duo, or AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core. Well that is what I think you would want. With something like that you would be able to get around 7-30 frames per second, depending on if you have applications open and your settings.

Mavix wrote:

My (useless) computer takes 20 minutes to load FSX, from when I start the game, till I see the plane. It takes about 10 minutes from when I click the "Fly Now!" button! And this is with ALL the settings on the lowest! My computer struggles to hold even 9 FPS.
My specs are:
Celeron 2.6Ghz
64 Mb of onboard Gfx

you don't have enough memory to run Windows XP, let alone loading FSX.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Mavix wrote:

My specs are:
Celeron 2.6Ghz
64 Mb of onboard Gfx

you don't have enough memory to run Windows XP, let alone loading FSX.

XP only needs 128mb, he has more than enough for that.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Mavix Trainee

My computers too old. No use upgrading it. It only supports up to AGP 4x! I'm hoping to get a new computer soon. Recently my computer slowed down to half it's speed. Now I can hardly multi-task. Running Media Player and Word almost killed my computer!

Pro Member Trainee
Mavix Trainee

I am planning to get a new(budget) computer soon:
Core2 Duo - 1.8Ghz
800Mb RAM
GeForce 7600GT (256Mb)

How do you guys think this will handle FSX?

if you are going to get a graphics card, might as well get a DX10 capable card (i.e. 8800). Otherwise save up more money before buying.