SearchSearch 

2002 to X

johhnie Guest

do i have uninstall 2002 before i install "X" if so can someone explain the produre to me thanks

4 Responses

NO, no need to uninstall.

they are different programs. They can co-exist on the same computer.

as a matter of fact, sometimes you will get so frustrated with FSX, you will go back to fly 2002 once in a while.

at other times, you will even wonder why did you bother to buy FSX at all, because all your airplance inventory are not transferable to FSX, and the FSX requires a more powerful computer, you are not likely to get the same fps as before.

BUT, once you have experience the realism of FSX... it is difficult to go back. And we haven't even seen DX10 yet !

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

They can co-exist, but they eat up memory...as was stated - once you fly the FSX - you wont want to go back.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

johhnie wrote:

do i have uninstall 2002 before i install "X" if so can someone explain the produre to me thanks

To uninstall, all versions are the same.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888846

To install.

Put in disk one and follow the step by step instructions on the screen, that almost load themselves.

Radar

for FSX, the uninstall procedure is very important. Because you nolonger require a disk to run the program. The authentication is registered at MS. If you don't uninstall according to the manual, you might not be able to install it again.