SearchSearch 

Downloaded airplanes gauges don't work!

Pro Member Trainee
BunnyMcguire Trainee

I'm having trouble with downloaded airplanes. Whenever i download an airplane i put the file in the Airplanes file in SimObjects. All of the airplanes are just fine exept the panel's gauges don't work. This has been a major dissipointment as the reason i download some of the planes is to go fast.

8 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

We're all in the same boat. The new gauges which undoubtedly are in development are not ready yet.

You have two options:

1* be patient

2* buy fs9 and enjoy simming 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They are most likely 2004 FS9 aircraft, the aircraft themselves can make the transition to FSX but the gauges don't work.
Some designers are putting out new panels for 2004 aircraft for FSX.
For now just stick to FSX downloads, you can try some FS9 but be prepared for most panels not working.
Radar

Pro Member Trainee
BunnyMcguire Trainee

I have only downloaded FSX planes. Thanks for the help though

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Well, that's the problem. Even with most socalled "FSX.. or 'upgraded for FSX'" you still get old gauges which are incompatible with FSX.

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Did you unzip the guages?????

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

737FLIER wrote:

Did you unzip the guages?????

Only unzip them if the read-me tells you to.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
BunnyMcguire Trainee

I always unzip them and i don't really read the read-me. thank you for your help. I hope my gauges work. Will tell if not.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

BunnyMcguire wrote:

... and i don't really read the read-me.

If you don't bother to read the Readmes, I admire your optimism in expecting others to read your posts and trying to help you with your problems. 🤔