Audio Cracking

Pro Member First Officer
Michaelvg1 First Officer

If it's not one thing it's another. Now all of the sudden since I installed Deluxe, I get Audio cracking. Any suggestions?
Thanks for your help.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
Michaelvg1 First Officer

Thanks RadarMan. I read about these but for some reason I do not have those options yet. I think Acceleration options will become available when MS and Nvidia can figure S&^T out.
I just don't understand why it's doing it now. It did not do it with my first FSX. It probably has something to do with the NVidia Beta Driver I have on, but the original is faulty. You can see my other posts to read the story.

Pro Member First Officer
Michaelvg1 First Officer

Tried messing with it again when I woke up this morning, but still no success. I just don't get it. No audio cracking, now audio cracking...
Hmmmmm

Pro Member First Officer
Michaelvg1 First Officer

OK. I have things to report. You are all aware of the nvidia problem of settings not sticking. They provided me with a driver to fix this. I noticed that I get the cracking when I make the setting changes and apply them. I get the white or black plane/and I get the cracking audio.
Now, when I select the button to let application decide, I get great audio and the color is fine. It;s definitely an Nvidia thing. Going to call them.

Pro Member First Officer
Michaelvg1 First Officer

Further updates. I ended up deleting all new drivers and went back to the original OEM but now I can't keep and Vcard changes I make. They know this and hopefully they will sent a signed version to HP for loading. The FSX Support guy told me to actually change the affinity to 1 instead of leaving it at both processors. The program is not set up for 2 processors yet until SP1. It actually seemed faster. The readyboost helps too.
Oh well. We'll see what I find tomorrow.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...