Why the membership costs?

Jyrki2 Guest

Yup, I'm asking why it costs? You don't have sponsors? Crying or Very sad

Answers 23 Answers

Jump to latest
Jyrki2 Guest

This is lil' bit in a wrong place but whatever.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

I'm not connected to the site, so I can't answer "officially" but I can tell you two things :-

- This is the best source of knowledge and discussion on FS9 on the whole web.

- It is without exception the best $5 I ever spent.

So come on board, and you'll see what I mean.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Jyrki2 wrote:

Yup, I'm asking why it costs? You don't have sponsors? Crying or Very sad

Jyrki2,

What are you trying to say, that the $5 is too much. 😳 😳 😳 😳

I agree with the The-GPS-Kid completely, it is the best $5 I ever spent.

Pro Member Trainee
Steeev Trainee

I disagree.
It's the SECOND best 5$ (£2.80 odd) I've spent.
The best was for BMX Simulator on the Spectrum!
But the forums were lousy for that game.

Pro Member Trainee
Timothy (Moab) Trainee

Like I said before and i'll say it again BEST 5bucks i payed for anything lol always new DL's lots of helpful ppl ,and who wants a ton of adds
and tons of ppl to learn from in the forums.
And i'm real glad I found this site cuz there are site that want monthly dues FLyaway is a one time shot of 5 bucks, And when and if I can i'll Donate more for the hard work and always on the look out for new stuff for there members.

A Real Proud Member Moab
Timothy 😉

Jyrki2 Guest

Got no credit card, thats the problem. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Broadband, high speed servers etc. all cost more than you think.
The $5 doesn't cover it all by any means but it does help the site defray some of the costs so we can keep both the forum and the downloads up and running.
You can use Pay-Pal or write to the owners of the site and see what arrangements can be made as to payment.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

The-GPS-Kid wrote:

- It is without exception the best $5 I ever spent.

Same here 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

I have in the last 2 months learned about FS9 AND learned how to add aircraft, modify aircraft, add instruments, add interiors, sounds,,,, I can go on and on!!!!!!

I learned it ALLLLLL FROM this site!!!!!!!

I'll tell you man, I have visited a lot of sim forum sites!!! Enough!!!!

Come on board!!! OR !!!! Whip You'll get it.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

"It is without exception the best $5 I ever spent."

Ditto from me..... 👏

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

$5???

$5??!!!

I see people drop 4 bucks for a beer at a Div I hockey game..a beer!!! This aint no Guiness or Bass..but The King of Beers,,Budweiser! I'm not going to get into a what beer is better battle (even though I would drink my own urine before putting away a Dud, er Bud.

I don't think $5 is too much to ask when it comes to this site. Ask a question, and you get an answer within an hour most times. It's well worth it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Um...not to brag...but see when i joined, below my avatar...that was before the site was pay access...i got in for free 🙂

But, would I pay...yes!

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

F.E.M ...... that was such a blatent brag !

Don't blame you, you've been around on here quite a while padowan learner.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yes master, It has been a while...however, i now challenge you...WE MUST KUNGFU FIGHT!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Honestly, I didn't pull any strings to get in free, it happened that in october of 03, the site was still sort of new, and I guess, from what i hear from flyaway, they were going to start charging after the 10,000th person or something along those lines...I actually thought of delaying my membership cause i wasnt so sure of the site back then... Banned

ARD-DC Guest

OK thats one beer less this weekend for me then Wink

It happened 3 times now I forgot to put my name on a post, and rather than teaching myself the discipline of always including my name in the message body, I'd prefer to make it easier on myself and by default have my name on the left 🙂

confirmation mail ty pls Wink

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Um...not to brag...but see when i joined, below my avatar...that was before the site was pay access...i got in for free 🙂

But, would I pay...yes!

Me too! 😀 And I did!

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

But, would I pay...yes!

Me too! 😀 And I did!

Ooop! 😳 The above post is mine. It seems my cookie expired and my info was not automatically added.

I repeat, Me too! 😀 And I did!

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

It is still not to late for both of you to make a donation of $5 and set an example for all those others who had the good fortune to join when it was free!! 😂 Every little helps.

Pro Member Trainee
Ohiosimmer Trainee

believe me its worth every penny of it...

davec wrote:

It is still not to late for both of you to make a donation of $5 and set an example for all those others who had the good fortune to join when it was free!! 😂 Every little helps.

davec,

Not to worry, I have made my donation (some time ago), as I have mentioned earlier in this thread.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

davec wrote:

davec,

Not to worry, I have made my donation (some time ago), as I have mentioned earlier in this thread.

michlin

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

As they say in Australia "Good on you, Michlin" Hadn't grasped the meaning of your "I did too". My apologies Embarassed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...