SearchSearch 

LIFTS

CARRIER PROBLEMS Guest

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO USE THE LIFTS IN THE WAIKATO CARRIER PACK i READ THE READ ME FILES AND CANT FIND INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CARRIER

10 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

There are about a dozen Waikato Carrier packages out there and in many cases different packages contain different docs and some updates. You'll have to be more specific.

its Guest

its the 2004 pack everytime i start im in the lower level of the aircraft carrier

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

its wrote:

its the 2004 pack everytime i start im in the lower level of the aircraft carrier

That's not good enough, I need a filename and the library where you got it from.
When I hear "the 2004 pack" my mind automatically jumps to the version available here at Flyaway. But since as a non-member you have no access to that file you must have got it from somewhere else.

HOWEVER... it's quite possible that the file you have is the same as the one at the Flyaway library with a slightly different file name.

NOTE: If it IS the same one, ditch it because it's one of the oldest Waikato packages floating around.

What does it say in the Readme file regarding Ocean Flatten files?

whats Guest

Hey mate do you have a good carrier pack to recommend i also go to simaviation.com . I just finished installing all my carrier gauges for my f-14

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

whats wrote:

Hey mate do you have a good carrier pack to recommend i also go to simaviation.com . I just finished installing all my carrier gauges for my f-14

All right, if you follow my advice you'll be shooting traps in no time.

For starters let's not over-complicate things and stick to the basics and start at the beginning - agreed? Good.
Forget about a package containing umpteen carriers around the world, that comes later.

Get this one carrier which is good quality and probably the easiest to install:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=alphasim&CatID=fs2004scen&Go=Search

Ok, now you've got the carrier installed and you say you already have the gauges for the F-14 installed. That's good but think just what are those gauges?
You still don't have the actual traps (cables) and catapult for the carrier which renders your F-14 gauges useless. YOU NEED THIS FILE:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=rcbco-20.zip&Author=&CatID=root

There is no way getting around it unless you want a payware carrier. This rcbco-20.zip BTW is the most recent version and IS COMPLETE. You won't need anything else. NOTE: Once you've installed the goodies contained in rcbco-20.zip, you won't have to go through this again when you install other carriers later on.

To put it all into perspective:

Get the carrier first and install it - nothing to it. STOP!!! Don't start messing about caused by impatience. Get to know how to place ANY aircraft on the carrier to make sure you're on the deck and not below. Try taking off in your F-14 if you wish - see what happens.

Once you've come to the realisation that you need a cat (Catapult) and arrcabs (Arrestor cables) you'll start working with rcbco-20.zip.

Again, rather than screwing up, ask. rcbco-20.zip is brilliant and contains everything and all the info you need but due to its nature, it contains many text files and subfolders and can get confusing if you don't take your time.

Be patient! Don't screw up! ASK!!

Good luck, we hope to hear how you're getting on 😀

devos Guest

Ok i'm onto it now.I'm not realy super experienced when it comes to the whole file thing.But you know those file that come up in note pad whats with all the numbers and headins do i cut and paste any of that?thanks heaps for your help too 😀

devos Guest

ok got those two files the rc-20 whatever it was and the carrier ive success with carrier but none with the cattapult.could it be ive installed my gauges wrong. the cat fires with noise and stuff but acm switch does not work

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

devos wrote:

ok got those two files the rc-20 whatever it was and the carrier ive success with carrier but none with the cattapult.could it be ive installed my gauges wrong. the cat fires with noise and stuff but acm switch does not work

I don't think you read my post. Had you read it, you wouldn't be in trouble now. After screwing with your gauges and messing it up, I have no way of trouble shooting from my end.

If you want further assistance from me, give me the courtesy and express your queries in a manner I can understand.
If you can't find the time or focus to do that, I'm sure someone else who knows shortcuts I'm unacquainted with with will be happy to help you.

devos Guest

Hey man na it's all good everything works it was just somthing small sorry.
You've been a great help I spent somthing like 2 days trying to get that working proper.But it only took me 30mins last nite.
Ive also seen you've helped a lot of others flyaway should put you on the payroll.

Anyways thanks again

Kris devlin

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Good to hear you've got it working Kris. Have a look around in the libraries, there are plenty of beautiful aircraft with tailhooks available. Sometimes you might have to add the Arresterhook and Catapult gauges to the panel, that shouldn't be a problem for you now.

Enjoy 😀