Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

3d clouds

profxg Guest

I noticed that the frame rate substantially increases when I turn the 3d clouds completely off, but the realizim of the sky is reduced.

I don't know what to do. Should I sacrafice graphical realism for aircraft control realism or is the scenery more important?

What do you do?

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Only you can decide this my friend.... My view is that the 3D clouds are one of the BEST things on FS2004 and I just couldn't do withouth them but others would want the Frame Rates and would be prepared to turn 'em off.

It depends what you like to fly..... if you like to potter around and take in the scenery, in a Cessna or something, and you mainly use 'Spot' views then you'd probably want the realism of the clouds.... but if you fly jets and Airliners and enjoy the procedural side of the sim (and mainly fly IFR flights) then you could probably lose the clouds.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

GPS-Kid is right, try this fix and see if it helps.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

profxg

I donít know about what frame rate are u talking.(numbers) .In mine opinion there is no point to have a frame rate above 24-26 and if u lucky and u have more u can set your cloud settings higher. From other hand if u have below 16 u have to give up luxuries like 3D clouds. So as GPS-Kid say it is in your hand.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

24-26 frames is still awfully choppy...But here's what you can do...I do it, and it works just the same

Go and drop the cloud draw distance ot the lowest setting.

I've got a beast of a video card, and i still have to do that, FS makes any video card sweat!