Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

when is sp1 due out

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

and what does it fix?

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

April 30. Read other posts before you post. It was at the bottom of page one.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Yet no one has actually put up a date, neither did Phil.... So thats just speculation.

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

JLangevin wrote:

Yet no one has actually put up a date, neither did Phil.... So thats just speculation.

This is a cut and paste from Phil Taylor's weblog, posted one month ago today:

"To those of you not in the beta, we are still on track to deliver FSX SP1 final before the end of April. Just be patient a little longer."

Call it speculation if you wish, but it is based on information from the source.

The end of April is April 30, but giving a little "wiggle room", I would think the "end of April" could be construed no more generously than to be any time between now and April 30.

mdaskalos

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Well as long as you are throwing quotes out there, how about I go ahead and give YOU one... too many people here focus on ONE thing someone says, and not all of it... so next time, be more thorough on your information...

As far as the release date for SP1, we need to get Beta2 out and see what remains. The last day of April is still possible, but any significant Beta2 bugs will cause us to fix them and delay we want SP1 to be right for the community and are not tied to a date.

This came out AFTER his initial "end of april" comment... This was posted 2 weeks ago, MUCH MORE RECENT than the quote you posted.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They said recently that they don't want to release it until they are certain that there aren't any bugs that they rushed to fix, work slowly the first time.

Let it be until it's ready for us working as well as possible.
It will be May now.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

JLangevin wrote:

Well as long as you are throwing quotes out there, how about I go ahead and give YOU one... too many people here focus on ONE thing someone says, and not all of it... so next time, be more thorough on your information...

I am going to resist the temptation to get into a flame war with you, however much you deserve it. Suffice it to say that I was as thorough as I both needed and wanted to be, as my point was to debunk your contention that those who expect an April 30 release date are merely speculating. Let's take the other quote you provide:

"The last day of April is still possible"

So, in one quote, the developer states a time frame (before the end of April), and in the one you furnish (which I HAD previously read, thank you), the developer states a specific day in that time frame (last day of April) is still possible. I might call those who expect that date to be met are optimistic, but not speculative.

I don't think it will be out by April 30. But I don't think that those who do think so are merely speculating. It would seem in light of the developer's remarks, rather, that those who think it will NOT be out by April 30 (which group would include me) are more speculative than those who do.

mdaskalos

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

I want SP1!!!! I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!! Waaaaaahhhhh!!!!!! I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!I want it!!!

I had to get that out. Thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Ihear all of this stuff about sp1 but what does it do???

PhilTaylor Guest

We just released Beta3 to the beta testers, so SP1 definitely wont be in April. I just blogged about it too.

If you read my blog, I discuss in generalities what it does address, eg:
Performance, including better multi-core support
Egregious scenery bugs
3rd party blocking bugs
A couple multiplayer fixes
SDK and SimConnect updates.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Phil,

Thank you for coming in here and clearing that up. Trust me, as a software engineer myself for wireless solutions for various Energy Utility companies, I can understand the importance of producing a product/update that delivers what it promises, regardless of the time involved. I know that myself and many others on the forum support the ACES Team and eagerly yet patiently await the final revision.

Regards
JLangevin

FSXnewbeeSIMMER Guest

Phil:

Thanks for the update !

We know you and your team are working hard on this SP1.
Drink lots of coffee... burn lots of midnight oil...

We have our engines primed, ready for takeoff. Please hurry !

Best regards
FSXnewbeeSIMMER

Pro Member Trainee
CAFedm Trainee

...3rd party blocking bugs...could that possibly mean...Landing and VC Panel lighting?? If these items could possibly be addressed, I would seriously consider retiring FS9 and embracing FSX permanently.