carb heat fs2004

canadairman Guest

Hello all,

How to test the carb heat switch effect in fs2004 ?

to fly in alaska in cloudy weather ?

How to see the effect of icing ?

Thx
Gunther
EBCI

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

canadairman wrote:

Hello all,

How to test the carb heat switch effect in fs2004 ?
to fly in alaska in cloudy weather ?
How to see the effect of icing ?
Thx
Gunther
EBCI

Only the older default aircraft have carbarators. At about 1500 RPM, pull carb heat knob(or H on keyboard) and look for drop in RPM.

You have to set up a icing layer in the weather section. Some aircraft will show ice on the wings from an external view but you won't experience the loss of lift, increase in drag or increase in weight of ice accumulation. Pitot tube will ice over without pitot heat but I don't think that the carburetor intake will ice over.

Air-head Guest

Ahh memories, my first question here was about how to turn on the pitot heat on the default 744, after spending many puzzled days wondering why the Airspeed indicators were failing during every flight 😀

I wonder if any of the planes will show wings icing? I will have to give that a try.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...