Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

A380?!

DIMITRIOSCOOL1 Guest

This is stupid
Airbus trying to make a two floor airliner by 2007.
I personally think Airbus is trying too go one step too far. What do you think on the A380? ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ Should Airbus scrap the program? Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

I think......you use too many smiley's.

Why do you think Airbus can't make a two floor airliner, and why do you think they should scrap the program?

DIMITRIOSCOOL1 Guest

because till now all they have don is an airliner with a capacity of around 350. I think they are going to scrap the program because many airlines have cancelled most of their orders. Dont forget they need money for the A350. If the A380 consumes most of it the A350 is going to get over schedule. ❗ ❗ ❓ Idea Idea ➡ ➡

Pro Member First Officer
Jamie Robson (Jamier) First Officer

which airlines have cancelled their orders? virgin have put their orders back and ups (i think) cancelled 10 freighter ordersbut which pax airlines have cancelled orders?

DIMITRIOSCOOL1 Guest

Lufthansa is one im certain of and there are many others

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer
Pro Member First Officer
Jamie Robson (Jamier) First Officer

sorry, Fedex cancelled not UPS.

Lufthansa havent cancelled (did they order any?)

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Jamier wrote:

sorry, Fedex cancelled not UPS.

You were right, UPS canceled their order also.

They've spent so much money and done so much work now, what would be the point in scrapping it. ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Airbus has orders for 157 aircraft. The break even point is 420 aircraft. Each aircraft retails for approx. 306 million. If Airbus fails to exceed 420 aircraft, they're going to lose a huge amount of money that may bankrupt the company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_380

Pro Member Trainee
DIMITRIOSCOOL Trainee

I was trying to say what CRJ Captain just said(even though he said it with figures). What will happen if they dont sell 420? I dont the the European Union will back them up for such a big loss. And what will they do if they cant afford to build other aircraft. What will happen to all those orders?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

DIMITRIOSCOOL wrote:

I was trying to say what CRJ Captain just said(even though he said it with figures). What will happen if they dont sell 420? I dont the the European Union will back them up for such a big loss. And what will they do if they cant afford to build other aircraft. What will happen to all those orders?

And just why would the EU not back up Airbus? A few billion is the equivalent of what used to be a few million a couple of decades ago, no big deal.

Have we also considered that the CEOs at Airbus just 'maybe' are not complete idiots? 😳

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

Have we also considered that the CEOs at Airbus just 'maybe' are not complete idiots? 😳

Well I wouldn't call them that to their faces, but I would be very interested to hear the masterplan behind those delays though..!

Pro Member Trainee
DIMITRIOSCOOL Trainee

The reason the EU isnt going to back up Airbus is because Airbus belongs to a group called EADS. Most of that group is maintaned by the money of the EU. Now when we are talking about the EU supporting airbus we must thing that they are going to have to put real big money on the teble. Lets not forget that the EU is not an aviation union or something. Its the European Union which means it has to support many European Countries. Now the money that would be needed by Airbus to resupport herself would be more importand to a country to repair infrastructure or help its people. Its not that easy you see.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

DIMITRIOSCOOL wrote:

...the money that would be needed by Airbus to resupport herself would be more importand to a country to repair infrastructure or help its people...

That would be the first thought to pop into our minds from where you and I are standing.
But we both know that politics doesn't work that way. It is impossible to divorce politics from big business.