Flight Simulator 2004 Faults and Aircraft Problems

Pro Member Trainee
Jack (CaptainDale) Trainee

I have recentley been playing on FS9 and thought that it was beginning to get quite boring, same scenery, same aircrafts, same places. And then I thought that maybe it would be better, if there were addons for engine failures, addons for system problems, anything like that or absolutley anaything that could cause the aircraft to crash? Or emergency land? Anything.

Any free links are appreciated but if not just regular ones will do.

Anyone? Oh and by the way if you do give me a link if you know how to could you tell me which file to save it to? Like scenery or effects. And how to use it.

Thanks. 😎

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

http://www.flytechsoft.com/
www.FSPassengers.com
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004util&DLID=62771

Disclaimer:
I don't use the product, service or file(s) referenced above and in no way endorse or recommend it's use above similar items or products. Offered items are just the result of search of the Internet to satisfy a request for an example of a particular item.

Pro Member Trainee

Excellent, that is just what I was looking for thanks very much for the quick reply another website credit I have wittnessed.

Would you or anyone else for that matter recommend FSPassengers as I think it looks excellent. But am thinking, whether or not it is worth the money?

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

There's quite a few of us who use it.
It certainly adds a whole new dimension to FS, being rewarded for doing everything right, and being penalized for violating the rules or upsetting your passengers.

You can make it as difficult as you want, whether you want to go through a "career"mode, starting in a cessna and earning the rank and money to eventually be able to buy a 737, or if you want to make life a little easier, you can opt to be allowed to conduct flights in every plane you feel like flying today. I would personally recommend the career mode, but I don't know your personal preferences.

So far I've logged some 400 hours with the addon and I am able to buy, and allowed to fly any plane now. To me it has been quite rewarding and certainly worth the money.

But then, I work full time and can't complain about my paycheck.....your financial priorities might be different then mine.

Pro Member Trainee

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.

No I am actually an Airliner Pilot for Monarch A321 in UK. So no probs lol.

Thanks I will buy this now. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

👍 Alrighty then.

There are a few things about FSPax that you may run into, which can easily ruin a flight, but nothing that cannot be dealt with.

For example, FS has the tendency to have violently changing winds, (180@50 kts one moment, 360@50 kts the next) causing your plane to go into overspeed. FSPax will penalize you severely when this happens.

The only remedy that worked for me is to turn off the overspeed penalty. I hated to do so, but it's not something that FSPax is to blame for, it's just the way the weather works in FS, and it was either that or flying 50 kts under Vmo.

There are a few more things the program may unexpectedly throw at you, but for me they have really only been minor inconveniences in a great add-on.

Pro Member Trainee

did you purchase it from this website? It has been pending for nearly a full day now and nothing seems to be happening?! Is this normal do you know?

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

No, I bought it through simmarket.com if I am not mistaken.

I was presented with a download link, and the order confirmation screen had the activation key on it....

Pro Member Trainee

Yeah thats where I mean but apparantley it takes upto a week because of the international wait or something? And the order reads 'pending'

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Oww sorry to hear that. I really can't remember I had to wait.. Perhaps a few hours, but it can't have been more then that.

You're ordering from UK I presume?

Me from Holland...I wonder what the difference is then 🤔

Pro Member Trainee

Does anyone know how to stop the engine failing all the time in the demo and just a normal flight?

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Disable the Failure features....
before starting a flight, go to the setup options in the FSPax menu, scroll through the menus until you get to the "Failures" section, and have a look there.

Pro Member Trainee

It worked.

Cheers pal. 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...