Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

game vs. sim

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

Game?/Sim? It is whatever will cause you to buy it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

This is an old argument that doesn't need to be revisited. They're people on both sides that won't change their opinion based on what they read here, it will only start a fight. Call it what you want, just fly. Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

faust1200 wrote:

Game?/Sim? It is whatever will cause you to buy it.

Oh please... not again.

There is also the question: Which are better aircraft, Airbus or Boeing... Whistle

Strictly speaking I have to disagree with your statement. I bought FS as a game - but have been told time and again that it's sacrilegious to treat FS as a game or refer to it as such. I bow to the overwhelming pressure of the *serious* pilots and keep my mouth shut. I'm far too young to be *serious* anyway Tee Hee Very Happy

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

I don't want to start an argument but I think FSX is both a sim and a game. It is published by Microsoft Game Studios but is listed under Simulations

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

OMG I am very sorry. I thought I was responding to another message on an existing thread. I started this one by mistake!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That'll cost you a round of drinks and you're spared the death penalty Cheers!

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

I think MS FS is going in the wrong direction - and becoming a mere showcase of impressive graphics.

Would rather see priority set on having fidelity in the sim aircraft model (or whatever you call it.) Then it would be a simulator game not to be scoffed at. Nope

Some of the add-on aircraft are a wee bit unbelievable. Wacko