Help with Denali Mission & Landings

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

For the life of me, I have failed this mission quite a few times. I fly as indicated in the "briefing", 8500 ft altitude, follow the gps line, BUT, when I get to the "camp" - (looking at the "big" green arrow in the sky showing the landing", all I can do is fly into the side of the mountain or get buried in the snow. I look for the "tents" they say are at the site, but I just can't find them - Not having any problem with the flying, just can't find the exacting place you're supposed to land.

I appreciate all of you helping simmers.

cthiggin

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

the tents are there, but they are small and hard to see from the air. Make sure you slow down enough and deploy full flaps. Make sure your skis are down and try to land uphill. Once you slow down, pull the skis up and that should stop you from sliding too far down the ice.

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

I think the "base" is about 7200 ft. elevation - I'm flying at 8000 - Again, it appears that the "base" is on the side of the snow covered mountain - deployed full flaps / ski's down - do you fly the "gorge" or between mountains, at a lower altitude? - then land uphill - thanks for your quick replay - cthiggin

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

I'm going off of memory here, but I think you fly up the valley between the mountains and then make a hard right turn. I seem to remember flying above the altitude of the camp. The camp itself will be on the slope and to your right. It took me a couple times to figure you how to land without crashing into the tents. I've also landed hard enough that I broke the prop. There is a runway (well, kind of) that is marked off with red cones. If you hit that, great, if not, jet get yourself close enough and then just kind of taxi around for a bit. Watch you don't go too fast on the ice or you won't be able to stop.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...