Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Screen going blank on landing or after landing

Port A Guest

When on final approch (within 300' of the runway) or after landing and beginning the taxi to the gate, the screen goes completely blank. I can use the shift+ arrow keys to see side views, but when I return to the front view, the screen goes blank again. This happens on all aircraft and usually when there are (static Real Weather generated) storms or clouds at or near the landing airport. This is not unique to 1 ap. I have a 2006 Gateway laptop computer, 2 GB memory, ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 Graphics. Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Unfortunately that card isn't the strongest of integrated cards but that what you get with a laptop.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Radeon-Xpress-1150.2173.0.html

I would turn off AI traffic, shadows and cars boats etc.
Then lower the clouds and autogen as much as possible.
Entering an airport becomes very graphic intensive so it sucks the "power" out of that card.

With lower settings you should do well.
If you have Vista, it and the card (which uses memory from that 2gig) aren't leaving much for the sim.
If you have XP then that much ram is very helpful.

Radar

Port A Guest

RadarMan wrote:

Unfortunately that card isn't the strongest of integrated cards but that what you get with a laptop.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Radeon-Xpress-1150.2173.0.html

I would turn off AI traffic, shadows and cars boats etc.
Then lower the clouds and autogen as much as possible.
Entering an airport becomes very graphic intensive so it sucks the "power" out of that card.

With lower settings you should do well.
If you have Vista, it and the card (which uses memory from that 2gig) aren't leaving much for the sim.
If you have XP then that much ram is very helpful.

Radar

Running on XP-thanks for the response.

that's an integrated graphic chip with shared memory with the RAM !!!

no, no, no for realism games.

turn everything down to minium and see.

or if you are desperate to play flight sim, go to eBay and spend $10 on a used copy of FS9. There are lots of add-ons for FS9. It is still a formidable game.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

or if you are desperate to play flight sim, go to eBay and spend $10 on a used copy of FS9. There are lots of add-ons for FS9. It is still a formidable game.

Good advice!! Yes