airbourne aircraft in google earth?

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

I've been following (my percieved) flight paths in & out of Heathrow, but can't find any planes in the air.
Looking at the massive line of aircraft waiting to take off, I expected to easily find one. Can anyone find one and tell me the coordinance of a plane in the air around Heathrow?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

I think they are just too hard to spot. It's a busy time at heathrow judging from the imagery.

Check the LHR arrival routes perhaps that gives a clue where to look.

It looks like RWY 09L was in use for landing at the time the sat. image was taken.

Madbrit Guest

Coordinates:

51' 28' 17.13N 0' 49' 40.95W

and

51' 34' 37.67N 0' 41' 50.52W

Madbrit Guest

Not around Heathrow but a classic:

52' 20' 10.87N 0' 11' 43.34W

Because of the paintscheme you'll need to zoom down to around 2000' before you see it.

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

Thanks for those.
Not being really good at aircraft id, be kind, but I'm guessing....
51' 28' 17.13N 0' 49' 40.95W is an Air Portugal 757,
51' 34' 37.67N 0' 41' 50.52W an Air Canada 747,
and no points for the RAF Lancaster bomber @ 52' 20' 10.87N 0' 11' 43.34W

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...