Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Modern Military games

Pro Member Trainee
luigi_m_ Trainee

I used to have a great USAF game when I was younger, and want to get hold of a modern military game which has some good graphics, good planes and good missions. Preferably I would like an RAF-based game, but what games can you recommend?

Also, what descent joystick/throttle setups would you recommend? I was thinking of getting the Saitek X52 or X52-Pro?

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

you can download RAF aircraft and purchase scenery packages and install them into FS9, have a search through this site for RAF and see my previous posts on installing RAF aircraft, scenerys and military AI traffic.

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

luigi_m_ wrote:

Also, what descent joystick/throttle setups would you recommend? I was thinking of getting the Saitek X52 or X52-Pro?

Recently been reading several reviews on the X52-Pro and the consensus seems to be that it's worth the extra few bucks over the previous X52.
Saitek also have pedals which seem to stack up well against the CH.

Pro Member Trainee
luigi_m_ Trainee

sonicninja wrote:

you can download RAF aircraft and purchase scenery packages and install them into FS9, have a search through this site for RAF and see my previous posts on installing RAF aircraft, scenerys and military AI traffic.

Yeah, but I'm looking for a real war game with set missions, eg, bomb the shit out of country X...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

http://lockon.co.uk/

Knock yourself out 😀