6100 to 8500gt

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

How many frame rates would I gain if i upgraded to this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814122023

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Keep in mind thai if you step up in a videocard, make sure that your power supply can handle the card also.

But to answer your question: It might give you a few frames (about 5 to 10, tops), but you also have to take into consideration the other main componets you are using as well, such as your motherboard, RAM, and your CPU.

Pro Member Trainee
chlorinekid Trainee

how many fps do you average now with your current setup? what is the current setup?

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

My current set up is not to great. I purchased a value PC for $549 and am looking to upgrade it. Here are my specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium
AMD Athalon 64 X2 Athalon 2.0ghz
1gb memory
250gb hard drive
Nvidia 6100 integrated graphics

During take off at a big airport like LAX I am lucky if I get 3fps flying at 37,000 feet in 2-d cockpit of a 747 I get 20 which is where I have it set.

Pro Member Trainee
chlorinekid Trainee

i dont think you have too slow a system, i mean the 2ghz processor isn't the quickest but a gig of ram is healthly and the upgrade to the 8 series would do wonders i think.

i run fs2004 on a 2.6ghz 512ram with a 6600gt and it's always been kind in my opinion, ive never had any big issues, it runs quite smoothly.

i can only imagine that upgrading to the 8 series will be a lot better than playing with an integrated 6 series.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

The 8500 is a joke... do not get anything less than the 8600GTS if you are hell bent on getting an 8 series card.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...