Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Well I need help

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

I installed fsx not too long ago and didnt do any downloads. I remember downloading CLS Dc-10 for fsx and whenever I would cycle through the views I would start with vc and end up with vc. When I ended up with vc the vc would go like white and it would freeze up and I would have to restart my computer. I do not know if this was before or after but I just downloaded the Overland a380 and that did the same thing. Anybody have this experience (sorry if I am misspelling anything I suck at spelling) or anybody know what the problem is?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I don't know about the CLS DC-10 for FSX... I had the fs9 version and ditched it because the only decent part was the panel.

Re the Overland A-380... I thought they only had an fs9 version? Tell me if I'm wrong. If you've installed the fs9 version into FSX I wouldn't be surprised to discover some odd behaviour. I don't know if ANY fs9 VCs would work in FSX.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

nah I got it for fsx. If it was for fs2004 only then I downloaded it for nothing.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Yea I need help again. I just got a new one called cessna citation x and that did the same thing. Could this be Sp1?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

If it narrows down the possible culprits, I have the Citation-X for fs9 and there is no problem of any kind.

axe Guest

HEY, just a suggestion; Is your DIRECT-X up to date?
Worms and tracking cookies and spyware have a awful effect!(delete cookies and temporary files in internet options in control panel)
dont have any unnessasary programs running at start up and shut down the ones you dont need!
Hope you find the trouble<<AXE>> 😀

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

1. I remember saying how bad I am about computers in another post so I have no idea on how to update direct x or w/e that is.

2. I dont know what cookies mean the kind of cookies I know are the ones you eat.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

bawls327 wrote:

1. I remember saying how bad I am about computers in another post so I have no idea on how to update direct x or w/e that is.

2. I dont know what cookies mean the kind of cookies I know are the ones you eat.

1* Start-accessories-system tools-system information. From there click on tools in the menu bar and select DirectX diagnostic tool. Near the bottom of the screen you will see the version of DirectX you have.

2* In Control Panel look for the little box top left corner. Click on: 'Switch to Classic View' (it's easier to find things this way). In the second row you should have 'Internet Options'. Double-click on it and where it says 'Browsing History', click on the Delete button. Done.

You might as well do a defrag while you're at it:

Start-accessories-system tools-disk defragmenter. This could take a while so be patient.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

1. I hope I did all these steps correctly

2. Thank you tailhook and everyone else for helping me with this.