Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

777-300 problem

I am having some trouble with the 777-300. Whenever i land the front gear the wing drops sharply as though i have landed hard, however it does not matter how soft i land it does the same. it has happened over a number of 777-300's i have tried out. has anyone had the same problem?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I am having some trouble with the 777-300. Whenever i land the front gear the wing drops sharply as though i have landed hard, however it does not matter how soft i land it does the same. it has happened over a number of 777-300's i have tried out. has anyone had the same problem?

On the 777, or any large to medium aircraft, there are actually two landings. The first in the main gear but you also have to gently lower the nose wheel to the runway by slowly reducing back pressure to allow the nose wheel to gently touch the runway. Another thing that may make the nose wheel slam down is landing with the brakes on. If you're using auto brake, turn it off. Another thing that will cause the same or a similar effect is landing too slowly. Some people hold the aircraft just above the runway and try and touchdown as softly as possible. A soft touch down is good but not at the expense of floating down half the runway to do it. Touching down too slowly requires the nose to be way too high, when you do touchdown, your nose is high in the air with no speed(lift) to control the height of the nose gear...Slam.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

If you're using freeware 777s they're most likely Meljets which were originally conceived for FS2k2. At the time the 'new' wingflex was almost revolutionary, but compared to more recent models incorporating wingflex those 777 look like a swan flapping its wings, both during TO and Touchdown.