Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

nVidia Settings

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Hi all,

Here is a screen dump of my graphics card settings. I don't have a clue when it comes to these so can you guys help me out to get the best settings for FSX?

If it's helpful, here is a link to my system specs. I have upgraded my RAM and OS though. I have 1.5GB RAM and I am now running Windows Vista Ultimate, which runs very well by the way Wink
http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/?sn=049908420224&g=1400

Pro Member Trainee
G0Nz0 Trainee

you should really try this 1st, I did and it works, just use his graphics settings as the rest of the tweaks aint SP1 verifyed.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3806/
(forum search works as well Wink )

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Thanks for that. I tried that and it didn't do an awful lot. At KLAX airport I get 6FPS in a microlight Confused

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

First, what videocard do you have? Also you need to get more RAM because Vista gobbles up RAM. Finally, what kind of processor are you using?

OH I SEE......

You should have built your own computer, partner. The motherboard in itself is a bottleneck; you have an intergrated videocard and thats a GeForce 6100, the bottom of the barrel type. The CPU needs a serious upgrade and the more RAM is definitely in order. That is going to bring you speed up, BUT your videocard is your flaw, especially when you are trying to move those sliders in FSX up a notch. Lucky that you have PCI-E slots.....which means you can add a quality videocard, but you will have to shut off the onboard card, which can give you some problems.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Thanks for that.

Can you recommend a decent graphics card that will work well with my system and won't comletely empty my wallet? I don't play many games so I've never bothered with this kind of thing.

I can run FSX with all the sliders on high with with framerate locked at 20FPS, it seems to stay there most of the time. It's just when I push it up to ultra, everything goes tits up.

Jeff Huebner Guest

I just bought a Velocity Micro PC with the following specs:
Intel Core2 DUO 2.66 E6700 Processor
4 gig ram
400 gig HD and 80 gig hd
Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS w 320mb memory

My problem is that when in the game the windows video driver crashes. It also does this in my Command and Conquer game. I'm not sure if it's just a Vista thing, or what is going on. Should I go back to XP? I only run Flight Sim X on m PC. I can't seem to find the answer out there so I thought I would ask you good folks. When it's not erroring the game runs perfect, it just keeps coming up with error and has to refresh the screen in mid flight. Any help, I'd appreciate it!

Pro Member Trainee
G0Nz0 Trainee

you did go to the nvidia site and update the driver didnt you ?

Jeff Huebner Guest

First thing I did was update everything.