Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Radarma please answer

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

I have a farley old computer I got it about three years ago and run fsx on it I an run autogen smoothley but the problem is the ground always becomes blurry and the water textures become blurry what do I need mpre ram and new video card or just a flat out new computer Cheers

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

If you really want Radarman then I'll stay out of it..... (although PM will help) However, if you want, post your specs and I can see what you need improvements on.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

windows xp 1.00 gb of ram hewlett packard pavillion amd athlon (tm) xp 3200+ 2.20 Ghz

I think thats it

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

You can let Radarman answer buy I am going to also. Adding another gig of memory would help. Also if you can get an Nvidia 8600 or higher and and a better CPU. That is to slow to run FSX but if you want to try use medium low or Medium high sttings.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They are both correct, I think you have to stick to an AGP card with a setup that old.

Think about a new one, putting too much money in an old system usually doesn't pay.

Turn off AI traffic, shadows and moving cars, boats.
Turn down clouds and autogen to get as much out of that machine as possible.
Fly in non graphic intensive areas, Alaska is nice.

Radar
'

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

Oh yes radarman I fly into and out of las vegas with medium autogen no water reflectants clouds cars boats etc with no to minimul lag? my birthday iscoming up mabye I might get a better comp

Thanks everyone Cheers Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Karlw wrote:

Oh yes radarman I fly into and out of las vegas with medium autogen no water reflectants clouds cars boats etc with no to minimul lag? my birthday iscoming up mabye I might get a better comp

Thanks everyone Cheers Very Happy

I hope you get one.

Radar