PC Crash's

I have loaded SP1 and all appeared to be OK. I can select an airport, weather , aircraft etc. But when I use the mouse to set a hdg bearing or advance throttles etc my machine make a buzzing sound and crashes?

My maching has the following config:-

Pentium 4 processor 640 with HT technology. 3.2 GHz- 2MB L2 cache-800 MHz FSB. 1024 XL memory DDR 400 MHz 64 bit dual cjhannel memory. Graphic card is ATI Radeon x740 XL.

I also have problems with some of the missions. when I select the mission detail FSX falls asleep and does not respond. I then have to end the task and restart FSX.

Can anyone throw and light on these problems ?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest

your graphic card crashed

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Right!

The card is as you see a mid range for a graphic intensive sim.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_R420

Turn down some of the settings, clouds, autogen and turn off shadows, AI traffic both in the air and on the ground.
Use the sim with scenery and forget all the eye candy extras including real-time weather.

Radar

Many Thanks I do as you say.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...