Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Is this a record? 162fps with scenery sliders set to 100%???

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Im wondering if this is a record. I was tinkering around with some video settings, and this was the result. This is a stock version of FSX with no tweaks other than SP1. I doubled my 80fps mark to 160. This is with traffic set to 40%. With traffic at 0%, I saw the fps jump up to 200 a couple of time, but it wasnt steady enough to consider real FPS.

How can I justify getting an 8800GTX when my 7600GTKO is performing so well?!? im truely starting to think I got some sort of test model of the 7600GTKO. I did get it from a friend who works for HP and he claimed he got it from an EVGA rep... perhaps there could be some special work done to this card!!!

Again, sorry about the quality. My resolution is set to 1280x1024, but when I change the image from bmp to jpg, its gets a little dotty... and I dont have any of my editing software installed yet. Still getting my PC situated from the move to Vista.

FPS was a more constant 150, and would dip as low as 144 then back up to 160.

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

Any chance of keeping this jealousy inducing posts to one thread lol 😛
😀

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

>.< Langevin you really must tell me how to get the same performance once my new machine is built. I don't if the fact that your components are overclocked is making all that difference or not. I'm gonna be pretty pee'd off if it is lol Can't risk overclocking anything.

Pro Member Trainee
Edward Clarke (Ed_) Trainee

I would imagine it has little to do with the graphics card and more to do with the processor as FSX is CPU bound, even after SP1.

What processor are you running?

Pro Member First Officer
Michaelvg1 First Officer

That's great. I have a question for you though....
You stated that you have the resolution set to 1280:1024..

My system and card has been set up for 1440:900 or something like that...
The desktop image is perfect on my 19" widescreen so I defaulted the game to this same resolution setting...
Is this right or should I reduce the setting?

Should I leave the video or preferences set at the best resolution and set the game to 1280:1024 or should I change them all?

Will I get better performance if I reduce the resolution?

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

GoodisonBlue wrote:

Any chance of keeping this jealousy inducing posts to one thread lol 😛
😀

Lol. This is a discussion topic about FPS and how it was achieved. The picture is merely proof. The other thread is for the screenshot. The threads are appropriate.

>.< Langevin you really must tell me how to get the same performance once my new machine is built. I don't if the fact that your components are overclocked is making all that difference or not. I'm gonna be pretty pee'd off if it is lol Can't risk overclocking anything.

The overclocking has everything to do with it. If you guys like, I can take another screenshot in the same spot, same weather, etc... and compare fps. I would say that it will be somehwere around 30fps at the stock speeds, maybe less. Dont forget, I overclocked from 1.86ghz to 3.43ghz. Thats an 84% overclock. Except for the 4mb cache, Im running higher than Extreme speeds, which are at 2.93. Of course the X6800 has some other goodies, but performance wise, I am happy as can be. I am running an E6300 Core 2 Duo, Gigabyte P965-DS3 v3.3, 4gigs DDR2-800 Patriot at 990mhz, the magical 7600GTKO, etc.

The resolution has everything to do with your monitor. Obviously, 1280x1024 will look pixelated on a 30" monitor, and perhaps even on a 22" monitor. But since I am running 19" LCD non-widescreen, I can get away with it and still have it look good. The lower the resolution, the better it will perform. There are less pixels to have to write. I find that 1024x960 looks too grainy and I dont like it, so i left it at 1280. I will be switching to a 22" Widescreen in the near future, and this may drop my fps a bit.

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

I don't know if it's a record, but a CD might sound pretty good. 🙂
Best regards...Art