Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

2 problems

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

i was flying my pmdg 737 everything going good. then engine oil got hot. so i put it on idle and flew for little bit on one engine oil droped in temp so i went to put it level with other engine. but once you moved one yoke how do you make them both move together again. i can get one or other but no both unless i picked the plane frm choice again.

then during landing engine went again so i turned it of as it was on fire. but then plan would try to turn in way engine was pulling and i couldnt power up to get to run way at all. now this dont happen in real life as they land fine with engine out. so is there a trim button for being in air? or is it was flight sim is made.

thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

2 words "Pilot Error" you arent handling your situation correctly in a situation like that you dont add power as it only increaes your problem get your thrust to a position you can manually control and keep your thrust and a pace in which you can control it as for your oil temps running hot that is your first indiaction that this would confront you, you should have selected another airport close you your current location and land there. these events could have been prevented

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

right ok slow completly i suppose but i was in rush lol.

and when i had engine fail right away from before i had to shut it down. but then with out picking new plane when problem was fixed i couldnt get two engines to work ok my yoke like they normaly so.

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

and if i have engine failed and i have to turn it of how do i fly stright with out plane moving in direction that the engine that is off

Pro Member First Officer
dkt3 First Officer

are you useing fsx?

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

no fs9

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

what if i have bird skrike then i got turn one engine off. when i do that and try to power up plane does circle and stalls. why?
how do i make it fly stright on 1 engine

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

kieranja wrote:

what if i have bird skrike then i got turn one engine off. when i do that and try to power up plane does circle and stalls. why?
how do i make it fly stright on 1 engine

You have to turn off the auto throttles and increase the thrust on the operating engine as necessary to maintain speed. The speed will be lower than normal but should not get below about 220 KIAS, 250 KIAS is fine.

Auto pilot should be able to maintain heading but manual flight will require a small bank into the operating engine.
Lift the dead engine.

Use rudder and rudder trim to keep the ball in the inclinometer about 1/2 ball width toward the operating engine.

All of the above is easier if you have rudder pedals and a multi-engine throttle quadrant.

To get the thrust levers to move together again:
Hit [E, 1, 2] within about 5 seconds or less

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

i got 1 throtle no pedles. but i do try to bank to left if right engine out. but if i fall a a lil short of runway i put full throttle and she spins around and i crash.

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

after watching this. and listening to the pilot at end saying he might not be able turn left around a bend,does that mean a plane will also want to do circles like it does in flight sim? as i thought the way it acted in flight sim wasn relistic, but now think it might of been very.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

kieranja wrote:

i got 1 throtle no pedles. but i do try to bank to left if right engine out. but if i fall a a lil short of runway i put full throttle and she spins around and i crash.

Now what you're talking about is a single engine go around, that's tricky.

Basic procedure,not exact.
First of all, you don't want full flaps only about 15 degrees of flaps, and you want a long runway.

Your approach speed needs to be increased to compensate for the new flap setting, about 160 KIAS.

When/if you go around you have to slowly add thrust to the operating engine while simultaneously adding same side rudder to prevent aircraft turning into the dead engine.
Positive rate-gear up, climb at V2.
At 1,000 feet AGL- lower nose slightly to accelerate.
At V2 +20-Flaps 1.
At 210 KIAS-Flaps up.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Yes, if mis-handled, a single engine go around can kill you in a real aircraft. That's why training and practice in engine out procedures is so important.

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

since i got no pedels how do i do it on keybored i know the o and enter does it when plane is on ground but has no affect in air.