Installing a Graphics Card

Guest001 Guest

I'm planning on upgrading my graphics card but I'm wondering if it is difficult to install a new one? I'm not familiar with this kind of stuff, and I wish to know if it's difficult to do, or it is simple like installing RAM on your computer??? Thanks.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Download new drivers for your new card.
Clean out the old drivers.
Go to the device manager and delete the old card.
Shut down the machine do not restart.
Take out the old card, and put in the new card.
Take this opportunity to clean the dust from the computer.
Start up the computer.
Windows will recognise new hardware.
Disable your anti-virus.
Load the new drivers.
Reboot the computer.
Enable your anti-virus.
Do the settings in the new cards control panel.
Have a good time flying.

Radar

Bugs Bunny Guest

what radar man said 🙂 .... just make sure you check your mother board to see if you need an AGP or PCI X card. Besides that it's extremely easy, just like radar man explained 🙂

Irishman Guest

You need to make sure your power supply can handle the new card. When I upgraded from an onboard card to a 8800 GTS, I needed a whole new power supply as well.

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

Here is a nice instructional video .....

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

Also make sure you ground yourself before handling the card. Static could kill it (not you). You might also want to hold the power switch in the "on" position for about 10 seconds after you've disconnected the power cord. That will ensure that the power supplies are discharged.
Regards...Art

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...