Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Can i change my aircraft from runway to taxiway?

Pro Member Trainee
stocz2 Trainee

I have tried looking for my answer but didn't find anything.

I am wondering if i can get my aircrafts to load onto the taxiway at the start of each session. Instead of them loading on the runway. Is there a file i can change?

I have click the yes and no button when asked to load aircraft at departing airport. But that still puts them on the runway.

I just want to be more realistic, for my plane to start at the gate, then taxi to the runway.

Thanks,
stocz2

M15A Guest

I'm sure there is a better/faster way of doing it, but this is how I did it: Create a new flight at your favourite airport. When it is loaded you will be at the runway. From there taxi to the gate you want to start your flight at. Press 'ALT' on your keyboard.

Now you can select 'save flight' (or something) on the top of the screen. This saved flight starts from the gate the next time you'll start it.

Download extra scenery with more detailed graphics and get some aerodome charts to make it even more realistic!

Pro Member Trainee
lowensteinbs Trainee

When you first create the flight and you select the airport you want to depart from, there is a selection box in the bottom left hand corner of the airport selection screen which defaults to "Active Runway".

If you drop down the selection box, you will see all the options of the airport selected - gates, ramps, heli pads and parking areas. Just remember that these selections are based on the airport selected. Select where you want your plane to be placed when the flying session starts.

Pro Member Trainee
stocz2 Trainee

If you drop down the selection box, you will see all the options of the airport selected - gates, ramps, heli pads and parking areas. Just remember that these selections are based on the airport selected. Select where you want your plane to be placed when the flying session starts.

That is what i am looking for. I don't know how i missed it. Embarassed
It will be alot easier this way.

Thanks very much for your help.
stocz2