FSX noob tweak questions

Hello,

I just started running FSX w/ SP1 on my Dell M1210 laptop. I must say, I am not unhappy with the performance. I played with all sliders maxed and had some stutters, but knocked them back a little and have mostly smooth flying, FPS locked to around 30, getting around 20-30 fps over New Jersey and 8-10 around NYC. I'd like to get that up a bit.

I don't know much about tweaking this game, and find the info out there overwhelming. Also, it seems many of the tweak guides were written pre-SP1, so I don't want to follow them and mess up the game.

First, here's my sys specs - Dell M1210 laptop, 2GB of fast RAM, nvidia GEForce 7400 GO 256MB card w/ turbo cache, 100GB 7200rpm SATA drive, 2.33GZH dual-core intel proc. What do you guys think? It runs Halflife 2 and the newest Battlefield (2412 or whatever it is) with no problems whatsoever. I realize FSX is an entirely different beast, but I should be able to get it running at a fairly high level, right?

I'd prefer to tweak with the sliders before trying any cfg file alterations...anyone running on a similar system with good results? Got a screenie of your settings you could post? I figure it will take a long time to get this running well, but I want to spend time flying, not taking notes on framerates! 🙂

Well, if anyone has any experiences/advice/etc to share, this noob would be happy! Blue skies!

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
doogle Guest

short and simple.....

Autogen density: none

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...