Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

I want some ai

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

I would really love to have some ai traffic flying around and parking in my fsx simulator, but am having trouble understanding how to get started. Ultimatega seems to be what I want, but after perusing their site I'm even more confused and they don't appear to support fsx. Do any of you experienced simmers out there know where I can find some info. "GA for dummies" would be a good start. I want ga planes and relatively small airports, not larger than say, Van Nuys (very busy with almost all general aviation). Read
Thanks in advance...Art

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

My Traffic 2010 looks good but I don't have it.
https://www.simshack.net/products/traffic-360-ai-traffic-fsx-prepar3d-688

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks CRJCapt,
I had a look at those sites, but I'm still confused. I can't spend sixty bucks just to find out if it's what I'm looking for. It seems like it's more complicated than what I want. I guess my real wish would be to have just a few small planes added to my sim and have them show up from time to time at the airports I usually visit. Maybe I'm asking too much and no such thing excists. Oh well, I'll just keep lookin'.
Best regards...Art Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Trainee
CAFedm Trainee

effieveda wrote:

Thanks CRJCapt,
I guess my real wish would be to have just a few small planes added to my sim and have them show up from time to time at the airports I usually visit.

This sounds like something Project AI could help you with. Although you have to figure out how to use the auto-installer (I would be happy to help if needed), it's not difficult, and once you become accustomed to how it works you can modify flightplans and add your own aircraft in the AI pattern. I haven't used any other similar program (although will be installing some World of AI soon) but all my AI planes do show up in FSX as they did in FS9.

I believe you have to create an account (free) to download anything, but here's the link to their library:

http://www.projectai.com/library/

Pro Member Trainee
CAFedm Trainee

EDIT - am just now recalling your experience with that other download, don't want to lead you on a slippery slope...provided all you want is FSX GA traffic at say a dozen airports, let me know which ones (airports that is) and I will compile flightplans for you. If you have your own addon aircraft you want to use as AI then it becomes a bit more complex.

Pro Member First Officer

Hi Brian,
Thank you for the replies. You are right! I'm really skiddish after my experience with my last attempt at trying to add some ai. Well, that's history so it's onward and upward from here. I did register at Projectai and had a look at their forums. It looks to me as if they are geared toward fs2004. They recommend downloading ttools from Avsim but that too appears to be associated with 2004. Some of my typical flights are as follows;

1. KAST to KHIO, Astoria to Portland/Hillsboro Oregon - some times continuing on to PDX, Portland Intl. and then back.
2. KVNY to KCMA, Van Nuys to Camarillo California and back.
3. KVNY to KPSP, Van Nuys to Palm Springs California and back.
I usually save the return trip for the next day.

I don't want to bore you with them all, but that should give you a pretty good idea of what I'm looking for. Sometimes I go island hopping around Hawaii just for kicks. I'll even take a trip from Venice, Florida to Sarasota just to throw in some variety. I've got my fsx-ga slider maxed, but still don't see many aircraft at these places.

One thing I'm pretty sure of, it's not a good idea to use add-ons for ga - too many polygons. Sorry to be so verbose, and any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Dont Know
Best regards...Art

Pro Member Trainee
CAFedm Trainee

Art, I made up some local flight plans for you to try out, please PM me with an e-mail address to send it to.

Thank you,