Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Graphics Card for friend's system

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

My friend is looking to upgrade his computer with a new graphics card. Currently, he has onboard graphics 😞 . I was looking around and I found a good priced Geforce 7300GT 256MB but was wondering if anyone had better suggestions. He would like to play FSX on a reasonably high setting. I am going to post his current specs below but please don't say things like 'He needs more RAM' or 'He might as well get a new PC' as that isn't an option right now for him. I have already helped upgrade his RAM from 200MB to 1GB and right now, we are focusing on his graphics.

Specs:
Packard Bell I-Media 1328
Intel Celeron D 2.93GHz
1GB DDR RAM
80GB HDD
Onboard SiS 661FX graphics with 64MB memory 😳
Windows Vista Home Premium

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You'll have to check and see what card it can take.
It may only have an AGP slot so you have to go with that.

Radar

anonymouse91 wrote:

My friend is looking to upgrade his computer with a new graphics card. Currently, he has onboard graphics 😞 . I was looking around and I found a good priced Geforce 7300GT 256MB but was wondering if anyone had better suggestions. He would like to play FSX on a reasonably high setting. I am going to post his current specs below but please don't say things like 'He needs more RAM' or 'He might as well get a new PC' as that isn't an option right now for him. I have already helped upgrade his RAM from 200MB to 1GB and right now, we are focusing on his graphics.

Specs:
Packard Bell I-Media 1328
Intel Celeron D 2.93GHz
1GB DDR RAM
80GB HDD
Onboard SiS 661FX graphics with 64MB memory 😳
Windows Vista Home Premium

you again !?!?

Pro Member First Officer

Its an AGP slot (sorry, forgot to add that)

Guest poster: What do you mean by 'you again!'?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

Scroll down with the second one.

http://compreviews.about.com/od/video/tp/AGPVideo.htm

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/agp-card-ftopict174813.html

Radar

Thanks for the help.

I was sure the 7300GT would be the right one for him but just wanted a last minute check to make sure that there isn't anything better around that price range.

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

I would not settle for anything less than a 7600GT.