Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

push back questions

Pro Member Trainee
stocz2 Trainee

I am flying my mooney bravo aircraft.

I am am a small gate with a few passengers. Do i request a taxi before im pushed back, or after my pushback?

Then i know to press shift - p key, for a push back. Then the same keys to release, stop the push back. But everytime i press shift - p to stop the push back. My tail of my mooney bravo (also on my other small AC) always hits the ground. Don't know if that causes damage or not. Is there a way that doesn't happen anymore. Or is it because it's a small aircraft?

Thanks,
stocz2

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

A Mooney Bravo would not be pushed back at all. It just turns and taxis away. But if you just want to do it anyway just for fun, call after you push back.

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

stocz2 wrote:

everytime i press shift - p to stop the push back. My tail of my mooney bravo (also on my other small AC) always hits the ground. Don't know if that causes damage or not. Is there a way that doesn't happen anymore. Or is it because it's a small aircraft?

Thanks,
stocz2

Are you sure you have released the parking brakes before starting the pushback? If not, what you describe would be the result...

pushback Guest

mine push back with parking break on?
ofcourse it hurts the aircraft!
sounds like your mooney thingy is too tail heavy Confused

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

While it kills any sence of realism, you can push back with the parking set in FS9. Sad

Heres the thing to look out for if you do. If your plane is loaded, you may well tip backward onto the tail when you stop the push. Shocked

Happened to me in an Embraer 120. Embarassed The co-pilot actually asked if I "heard that sound?" and told me that he thought we may have scrapped the tail. I wanted to yell back at him, "NO $H!T !! WE ARE SITTING ON THE TAXIWAY WITH 30 NOSE UP!!!" Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Trainee
stocz2 Trainee

A Mooney Bravo would not be pushed back at all. It just turns and taxis away.

At times my AC is close to the gate. And when i accelerate, and turn, i end up hitting the gate. Causing a crash.
Oh, i just found about useing the F10, F11 keys for the wheel brakes. That helped in turning the AC.

Are you sure you have released the parking brakes before starting the pushback?

I did forget on the first time i used a push back Embarassed .

plane is loaded, you may well tip backward onto the tail when you stop the push.

Can be my cargo load is making it tail heavy.

Thanks for all the replys,
stocz2

Pro Member Trainee
Prozac919 Trainee

Requirements for push back call vary by airport. Most airports require a call with ground before pushing back. Some do not. Nashville and Phoenix Sky Harbor are two examples of airports that do not require a push call. If you have access to Jeppessen charts, the 10-7 page outlines the push requirements.