Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

A new JLangevin Film!

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

I got bored and this was the result- just FYI, the scenery on all three versions was completely maxed out. This was actually a fun video to make, you never realize just how much the SIM has come in just the past 6 yrs... I also have FS98, FS4 and FS3 somewhere, but having a hard time locating them. I cant load the older versions though, since I do not have a floppy drive anymore :-\

As to keep with tradition, the vid is just 2:13

Posted on YouTube for Medium Quality

Last edited by JLangevin on Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total

wow... JL, you have outdone yourself again.

I love that antique film opening... it is great !

Microsoft might just commission you to do a full feature film !!!

are you aware of these people? they do good videos like yours, with real things.

http://www.faaproductionstudios.com/

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Thanks! I was not aware of that group. I have made some productions locally for various things. I made a promotionl video for a local car club, an internet webcast for a local news station, and back in college was head of the AV department.

I like making movies. Its probably what I was meant to do. I have yet to spend any REAL time on an FSX movie, but perhaps sometime soon I will make a real storyboard and do something unique and spectacular. But for now, Im cool with just putting out some fun game shots.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Looks like no one liked this one.

JLangevin wrote:

Looks like no one liked this one.

they are waiting for the bandits who got away in a BMW... chased by a yellow security car with flashing light... down the run way... the bandits got onto the Grumman Goose... flew away to Alaska... ditched the plane in the water... to be rescued by a Sirocco yacht... only to be surrounded by Apache helicopters circling in an aero ballet...

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

I just got a chance to watch. Great work! Thanks for taking the time to produce it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Maybe others are having the same problem I am.
It won't open in my browser while the other two (Photobucket) will.
Loading them to YouTube is always your best bet.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

As mentioned, right click... save as is the best way to view them. Screw youtube, they always reduce the size of the video...

As long as people Right Click, Save As, they wont have a browser issue. If its trying to open it in the browser, its trying to open it with QuickTime which means you need to let it load, and when its 18megs or so, will take more than an instant load... it makes people think that its not responding. Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

JLangevin wrote:

As mentioned, right click... save as is the best way to view them. Screw youtube, they always reduce the size of the video...

As long as people Right Click, Save As, they wont have a browser issue. If its trying to open it in the browser, its trying to open it with QuickTime which means you need to let it load, and when its 18megs or so, will take more than an instant load... it makes people think that its not responding. Smile

Very Happy I'm well aware (I've used the net since 95) that I can use right click, save as, download to desktop.
The question is...why should I bother if you don't want to make it easy for us to view.

I enjoyed your other videos and I hope to see more of them but of course my seeing them is up to you.

Radar

RadarMan wrote:

JLangevin wrote:

Very Happy I'm well aware (I've used the net since 95) that I can use right click, save as, download to desktop.
The question is...why should I bother if you don't want to make it easy for us to view.

I enjoyed your other videos and I hope to see more of them but of course my seeing them is up to you.

Radar

be nice... i don't think JL wants to make it difficult for anybody.
this is just how internet/computer works in 2007... we have progressed a lot since 1982, at the same time we haven't progressed much in simple areas like this. It is just a matter of bandwidth (both yours and JL's), and how the operating system works best.

if you find right click is too much for you... sigh, what can i say? have a good life.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

The quality of youtube, and no matter what size the file is already, it makes it smaller... doesnt please me.... its always taking away frames or making it seem stuttery...

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

I added the file to youtube, as promised, the quality went down, and some stutters in the video were introduced... but here it is...

Posted on YouTube

radarman would love it !

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thank you.
It's not only a very cleaver concept but the difference from version to version is striking.
You did everything right, the music, a short video and I must say a very nice landing.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Langevin, what YouTube actually does is it converts the file you upload to a customized format of their's. And I do believe I heard you saying you apply specific codec's to your video's, which in turn would mean those codec's are screwing with the file because they aren't designed to run with whatever format YouTube has. I know it's not a standard either. Try not adding your own codec's to the video, just save in it movie maker, nothing particular or if you have anything better which I'm sure you no doubt will.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

I will have to tinker with it... probably make two versions... one for youtube, and one with my codecs applied for the high res. That way I have both bases, and crowds covered...

Radarman, thanks for the landing compliment! I remember when I was getting my License, my instructor used to get so mad at me for not coming straight in, but here in Rialto (L67), we are right at the bottom of a Pass and it gets quite gusty... I like to come in low, and banking... always felt more stable to me... I remember one time, at just about contact with the centerline, a gust literally picked me up nearly 100ft, and sheared off 15kts... WILD RIDE!