SearchSearch 

IS there gonna be another flight simulator after fsx

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

i hope there is another simulator

16 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yes, it's one of their biggest selling "games".
One of the only "sports" types they didn't give up in their deal with EA.

Radar

what deal with EA ???

if the industry reviewers would consider all versions of FS as a single game, MS Flight Simulator would be the LONGEST lasting and MOST popular game of all time.

But the industry reviewer won't do that -- it is all about money and politics when it comes to game rankings.

sad, but true.

the next version will be called FSXXX -- that's 2010.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

what deal with EA ???

They (MS) made an agreement with EA sports not to sell any more sports games in exchange for EA to make and sell them their games for the XBox.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

the next version will be called FSXXX -- that's 2010.

X means ten. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_numerals
This version is 10, the next version will be #11, FS11. FSX1????????

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
FlightSimX Trainee

If we keep buying 'em, they'll keep on making 'em 🙂

Mark

FS2010 will be FSXXX ?
will the airplanes be naked?

Pro Member Trainee
FlightSimX Trainee

LOL - I'm sure there's a market for all those aircraft re-painters out there... Wink

Mark

marcopolo Guest

😕 If they do comeout with another one, and they more than likely will.
Hope they adress the issues and suggestions that a lot of simmers mentioned from 2000, (at least thats when i first was hearing them), with a more flying simulation,. better atc, how they handle aircraft, and more utalising of runways, more system flying devices.and accurate to , ect
and hope thet skip the photo realistic scenery poo-poo, that takes up 20 gigs of wasted space

my little brother needs an airplane that's easy to fly and does not crash.

FlytheFriendly Guest

Everything crashes! Might try an "ultralight", some will say "that's not an airplane", but seriously, one of the Cessnas may be ok. Although flying the 747 is smoother in many aspects than the Cessna. Also try configuring your Joystick to the simplest scenario. 😎

FlytheFriendly Guest

Good grief! You're placing the "engine" before the "body", which if MS might consider it would improve their performance immensely!! Now, about that Naked aircraft? Do you mean a pilot with nothing????? 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

my little brother needs an airplane that's easy to fly and does not crash.

Cessna 172, you can turn crash detection off.

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

From what I say there will always be a flight sim I think they skip a year such as flight sim 98,2000,2002,2004,x which basically is fs2006

Guest Guest

If I take a completely objective ruthless look at FSX the I can certainly say it can be improved. I am waiting for photorealistic scenery with real 3D buildings & no blurries. Perhaps in 10 years time, who knows, or perhaps someone other than Microsoft can do better.