SearchSearch 

SELF LANDS

porchmonkee Guest

😛 dudes I am tellin ya that auto aproach is really, really kewl!!!!
my stock cessna 172 just simply comes out of the fog and drops me on the runway, a perfect 3 point landing every time Punk

14 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

It is a cool and very useful thing but try to land manually from time to time so you don't loose your touch, plus it's a great ptactice! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

ive never used auto land before, ive done several ILS but when i get about 500 ft. from runway i disengage (sometimes) but i like to land manually gives me a better feeling after a long flight 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

porchmonkee wrote:

😛 dudes I am tellin ya that auto aproach is really, really kewl!!!! my stock cessna 172 just simply comes out of the fog and drops me on the runway, a perfect 3 point landing every time Punk

1. Stock aircraft don't have auto land.
2. No such thing as auto approach, approach mode simply allows the auto pilot to track the localizer and Glideslope.
3. A three point landing in a tricycle gear aircraft is not good.

All you did is crash on to the runway.

porchmonkee Guest

🙄 OH BOY!???
Sorry I called aperfect landing a three point, thats just my slang for it, ok?
If you can VFR land on Logan in fog so thick you cant see a hand in front of your face, well hats off to ya dude!
i can land any aircraft anyweres i want, i have the best instructors, "bush pilots". sorry ta say that i donot wish to continue and qualify for my multi or commercial.
strange that all i hafta do is nothing but set flaps and the glide scope sets me down on the runway everytime, and perfectly in the middle(centerline), and rite on the numbers so ta speak.i am very happy to say that NO i didnot crash!!!!!!
i am getting a strange feeling that you maynot even know how to properly set up your aircraft, for such a delicate operation?/!!!?????
and therfore this is why i am getting such a negative feedback.
🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

It's not negative, it's a fact. All three points I noted are true facts. You can do whatever you want, I just didn't want you to think it was correct. I guess "crash" was wrong, you made a "hard landing".

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

Its not always easy being right CRJCapt. But those of us who don't rely on the "Lazy Landing Mode" are right there with ya. 🙂

A three point landing IS only a good thing if you are landing a "tail-dragger". Otherwise it is a dangerously flat arrival. As I recall, RadarMan is the expert in those and can back me up on that. (Expert in tail-draggers, not dangerously flat arrivals)

porchmonkee Guest

KurtPStevens Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:30 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not always easy being right CRJCapt. But those of us who don't rely on the "Lazy Landing Mode" are right there with ya.

A three point landing IS only a good thing if you are landing a "tail-dragger". Otherwise it is a dangerously flat arrival. As I recall, RadarMan is the expert in those and can back me up on that. (Expert in tail-draggers, not dangerously flat arrivals)

😛 HEY,
I am sure I already mentioned the fact that 3 point landing was just a term Whistle
The term "auto land" or "self land", is only a mear expression of how good approach mode is in FS.
surely it does make flying in real wheather envirements much, much more exciting and thrilling.
I would suggest that you learn to fly with instruments and you will surely experience a much better fs sim world.
I certainly have! 😀
I hope that you realise that I am not going to let some dumb KLUCKS come along and ruin my flight simulator fun!
and i hope that the gas that you have stuck sideways evetually passes, ok!? ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain

dude chill all of us here have flown with and without instruments. CRJCapt was only saying that your facts were rong and corrected you.

porchmonkee Guest

🙄 I never stated facts????????????
my OPINION was that (i calledit auto) "

porchmonkee Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:06 pm Post subject: SELF LANDS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dudes I am tellin ya that auto aproach is really, really kewl!!!!
my stock cessna 172 just simply comes out of the fog and drops me on the runway, a perfect 3 point landing every time

WERE are these FACTS that are WRONG??, if you can't do that, then you are doing something wrong?! Sleep

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

The factual error is that it is not possible to have a “perfect 3 point landing“ in a Cessna 172. A “3 point landing” in a Cessna 172 is most defiantly imperfect. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

in your original post in no way did you say that it was your opinion, i realize that you were using the "3 point landing" statement as an opinion or slang but when you said that the auto approach in your cessna, there is no such as CRJCapt pointed out but if d/loaded a gauge or IFR panel for your cessna that is different.

and nothing at all was negative about what CRJCapt spoke of. he corrected you

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Your right, do what you want, enjoy.

The End.

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

and no pilot lets the plane land it self Wink air france found out the hard way that it does not work everytime and if it dont work 100 percent then it not good enough

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

Your right, do what you want, enjoy.

The End.

Agreed and locked.

Radar