Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Saitek X52 Flight Control help

Pro Member Trainee
stocz2 Trainee

I just ordered the Saitek X52 Flight Control, and am wondering if anyone is kind enough to list there settings for it. I will be useing it for FS9.
I will be receiving it in a few hours. Heard so many good things about this controller.

Thanks,
stocz2

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

first off congrats i know this flight system will not disapoint you. though i recomend d/loading the SSP Programing Software to experience the full beuty of the system.

what do you mean when you say settings?

if you mean what i think you just need to find what is right for you and your needs. but if you want to see the settings the X52 is capable of read the reviews on the Saitek webpage.

Pro Member Trainee
stocz2 Trainee

first off congrats i know this flight system will not disapoint you.

Thank you. I am already enjoying it.

though i recomend d/loading the SSP Programing Software to experience the full beuty of the system.

I will download this program.

what do you mean when you say settings?

I know now, that there are alot of buttons to program in. I will be useing the default settings for now. But will change them soon to my likeing.

But now to try to figure out about the 3 different modes you can use. I'm guessing, each mode is for different settings for the buttons.

And i have to get use to useing 2 hands to fly, with this system.

Thanks for the reply.

stocz2

Pro Member Chief Captain

yes the three modes are for different programmable buttons like 1st mode (green) i use for taxi, takeoff, and landing, 2nd (yellow) i use for climb, cruise, and descend, 3rd (red) i use with other functions like, emergencycies or startup, and shutdown.

if you have the SSP software you can program each button 3 diff times but they are with the three dif modes. the LEDS light up the entire gaming field, the MED screen on the throttle quad. shows you what function is in use, (need SSP for that)

if you have any other questions PM me.

also if you are into flying helicopters im sorry to say that the X52 isnt the best for that, (wish it was force feedback) 🙄

but great for Planes.

Pro Member Trainee
stocz2 Trainee

Thanks alot for your help JarJarBinks, i really appreciate it.

also if you are into flying helicopters im sorry to say that the X52 isnt the best for that, (wish it was force feedback)

On the side of the throttle unit, there is a dial, which it says force on there.
Would that be for the force feedback?

If i do have any more questions, i will be sure and pm you.

Thanks again.
stocz2

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

stocz2 wrote:

On the side of the throttle unit, there is a dial, which it says force on there.
Would that be for the force feedback?

Not force feedback, no. That dial adjusts the level of friction on the throttle control action. Using it you can make the throttle easier or harder to push.

Pro Member Chief Captain

yes antone is correct i keep mine at full force it feels more realistic in a plane but i bring it down when i fly helicopters

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

good choice in joystick mate. i have it also its awesome 😎